• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 GTO (black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 GTO (black)

After things went well with my son's car it was time to tackle my baby. A 2005 Pontiac GTO that we got this past June, and no the son has not driven it yet!

Spent 5 1/2 hours on the exterior and interior. All of it was done by hand. I did put my son to work during the Scratch-X and Polish stage. Unfortunately I guess we did not spend enough time with the Scratch-X to get out the DISO. Further I found some scratches, on my new car! Some of these, Scratch-X would not remove. Guess I will have to get a polisher and some #80 because now thanks to this site the little scratches I would not have noticed now bug me! However, it does look better than when it was delivered, even the wife agrees.

Anyway this is what I used on the exterior.

Wash ( used the leaf blower for the first time to dry, worked pretty well)
    Scratch-X
    Deep Crystal Polish
    NXT Liquid Wax (2 coats)

On the interior I used NXT Tech Protect and Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. I really like the Tech Protect. That is some good stuff. Bets the heck out of Armor All

Thanks for looking.

Here is a shot of the paint, love those gold flecks

My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Nice work!!

Question: Is that a custom rear bumper and exhaust?

Edit: I see now that it has a body kit. Looks nice and aggressive without being overstated. Question still stands about the exhaust though.
    Quadruple Honda Owner
    Black cars are easy!

Comment

It is all a part of the "Sport Appearance Package" the dealer put on. The dual outlets on each exhaust and the plastic all around. The spoiler is part of the package and is different than the standard. With the employee discount promotion it was too good to pass up. Funny when they extended the promotion they excluded the GTO.
      My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Hi wizard,

Only 51/2 hours.............you're a slacker eh..............only joking, nice car and a nice job done there

Also, I know what you mean about things you didn't notice before now bugging you.........same here.

Bryan

Comment

Hey,

Beautiful GTO!!!

In the future when you obtain the G100, you will love the G100 and #80 in what it will do for the paint!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by the3dwizard
            It is all a part of the "Sport Appearance Package" the dealer put on. The dual outlets on each exhaust and the plastic all around. The spoiler is part of the package and is different than the standard. With the employee discount promotion it was too good to pass up. Funny when they extended the promotion they excluded the GTO.
            How timely your post is! I was just posting on the topic "How to Avoid Dealer Installed Swirl Marks."

First of all I have to say I am jealous! (j/k) I have an '04 so I have 50 less HP and no hood scoops, plus both exhaust pipes exit on the same side of my car! But I have plenty of power and I like my goat. But still............400HP!.............

Your goat looks great! I like your Sport Apperance Package and the fact that you kept the original grille. The SAP grille makes the front look like a Grand Am or Grand Prix. So you've done it just right!

Scratch X is too time intensive to do a whole car. I think it was meant for touch ups for small areas when you don't want to drag out the G100. Get yourself a G100 and some #80. You don't need anything more aggressive as the paint is in great shape now. The #80 should get the swirls that the Scratch X did not remove.

With the GTO, you can reach most areas with the G100. My WS6 TA had a lot of nooks and crannies that the G100 could not reach.

Did your goat have rail dust on it when you took delivery? If the paint felt like sandpaper, it had rail dust on it. The dealer may have installed the swirls by trying to buff off the rail dust. They should have used clay instead, but for some reason dealers won't do that. My dealer knew enough to leave the rail dust alone so I could remove it the correct way.

Great '05 there!:xythumbs I'm thinking about the '06. Hopefully car sales will fall off and I'll get a good deal. Originally, I was going to get an '07 or '08, but from what I hear there may not be any goats then. Apparently GM is cancelling most of it's rear drive programs. GM seems to be interested mostly in trucks and SUVs, even though fuel prices are skyrocketing. And I am not interested in a Vibe or Aztec!

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
              First of all I have to say I am jealous! (j/k) I have an '04 so I have 50 less HP and no hood scoops, plus both exhaust pipes exit on the same side of my car! But I have plenty of power and I like my goat. But still............400HP!.............
              Whatever you do, stay away from the dealer. If you drive the '05, your '04 will be on borrowed time!!
              Quadruple Honda Owner
              Black cars are easy!

Comment

Originally posted by SpoiledMan
                Whatever you do, stay away from the dealer. If you drive the '05, your '04 will be on borrowed time!!
                I know. How do you think I wound up with this one? I had no plans on trading my beloved WS6 TA. I should of kept it and bought the GTO outright, but then things start to get expensive. There is just something magic about 400HP!

RamAirV1
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

now that is a work of art... whats known in the uk as a Vauxhall monaro but not quiet as stunning looking nice...very nice
                  Customdetailers.tk

Comment

All I can say is.... I AM JEALOUS!!!!

I want a GTO in the worst way, but my wife doesn't think that I need a coupe. What does she know!?

Your ride looks good.

Too bad they axed the GTO out of the employee discount program or I would have one now because I just sold my car last week.
                    Bama

Comment

Oh man!!! Very Nice! Lookin' good.
                      Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments. BTW - It drives even better when clean!
                        My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                          All I can say is.... I AM JEALOUS!!!!

I want a GTO in the worst way, but my wife doesn't think that I need a coupe. What does she know!?

Your ride looks good.

Too bad they axed the GTO out of the employee discount program or I would have one now because I just sold my car last week.
                          It has plenty of room in the back seat for kids or adults! It is a very good daily driver!

They finally realized that they were going to sell out of all the '05s so they took them off the discount.

I may consider an '06. With gas prices what they are maybe I'll be able to get a deal. Even with the extra HP, they are still getting the same MPG.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

That's an interesting paint color.

Looks good too!

You will love the polisher after doing a car by hand! I've been doing cars by hand for over 10 years and have recently decided to get into power and LOVE IT!!

I know what you mean about the little things.
                            I even catch myself looking for swirls in other people's paint!!

Comment

Who wouldn't want to drive this every day?

The seats (front and back) are the most comfortable seats I have ever put my behind into, better than than the Lexus! The wife even agrees.

There is a button on the side of each set back that will move the seat forward and back for easier access to the back.

You have the power to merge into traffic and the handling to avoid bad situations.

BTW - did I mention great sound!

I could go on

Cheers!

P.S. The G-100 is on order
                              Last edited by the3dwizard; Aug 17, 2005, 05:48 PM.
                              My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');