• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Black Altima (image heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Black Altima (image heavy)

Well the car my son drives was looking pretty sad. Fortunately I found this site! Showed him some of the cars here and he said it wanted that mirror look too. He is 16 and this is his first attempt at detailing. I think he did a really good job, but he was tired at the end as all of this was by hand.

The claying took the most amount of time as neither he or I had done it before. So we figured out the technique and off he went. There were little white specks all over the car as well as the oxidation so there was a lot to do. I think he will go back and do this again to to pick up the specks and swirls that didn't come up but not today. Today he gets to drive a mirror to the first day of school. Thanks to all the great information on this site.

1. wash
    2. Quick Clay
    3. Scratch-X
    4. Deep Crystal Polish
    5. Wax - sorry not Mequiars, something else I already had

Thanks,
    Phillip

Before - really sad

After - the money shots

My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Good job guys.

If you want to get rid of the rest of the swirls I suggest a G-100 and some #80 or #83. Also, you should be able to get rid of most of the oxidation from those headlights with some plastiX and some elbow grease, a powerball would expedite the process. Overall, the car looks really good. If you both really enjoyed it, I would highly suggest a polisher.

Comment

Huge difference! Very Nice!

Comment

Hi Phllip,

Great job

If your son continues to keep his car in this condition it will be as good as money inthe bank

Bryan

Comment

looks real good, u guys did alot but more work to go still.

im sure he had 1 of the shiniest cars in the lot 1st day of school

Watch me go crazy silly fresh.

Comment

Looks good. If you dont want to invest in a PC, then try out ColorX by hand. Also, like previously mentioned, PlasticX will do wonders for the headlights. Great job though!
            "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Thanks all. I am really proud of the work he put into it.

I had not noticed the lights until I was helping him wipe off the wax. They do look really bad, I will have to look into PlasticX. Who makes it?
              My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Meguiars makes plasticX of course. You could aslo try some plexus but i think plastic x is your best bet. You can try plexus after plastic x if you want.

Greg
                Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

Found it, I was looking for PlasticX and not PlastX when I searched the online store. LOL
                  My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Looks good! Nice work, a little time and effort can really turn a car around!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

Great transformation!!!

Meg's PlastX works very well on headlights and brake-lights etc... Just make sure to really work it in with a foam applicator until the product is just about gone, and then wipe clean with a high quality MF towel.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Well got some of the PlastX for the headlights and WOW! It really made a difference. Thanks guys!

BTW Got the G-100 in the other day. May have to break it out this weekend on the swirls that are left.
                        My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by the3dwizard
                          Well got some of the PlastX for the headlights and WOW! It really made a difference. Thanks guys!

BTW Got the G-100 in the other day. May have to break it out this weekend on the swirls that are left.
                          The car looks great for a hand application!

What kind of products are you going to use with the G-100?.....83, 80?
                          r. b.

Comment

Nice work and great results on the Altima

Try the ColorX with the G100 or invest in some M80 Speed Glaze and then go to town on it and you'll never go back to polishing by hand.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Guys. I have some 80 and 83. I'll try the 80 first and if that doesn't do it then the 83. I am going to practice on his car before I tackle my baby, (the GTO).
                              My Black '05 GTO

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');