• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrysler Town & Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Town & Country

This is being posted in response to this thread. I am explaining how my girlfriend and I work together to speed up our detailing. This van took 4 hours.

Our Process

INTERIOR:

She vacuums the entire interior while I work my way around cleaning all panels, door jams, plastic, vinyl, and any leather seats. When she finishes vacuuming she works on the floormats, first vacuuming they spray with APC and scrubbing. Every once in a while she blasts them with a pressure washer then dries them using the wet/dry shop vac. She then proceeds to clean interior glass, dress panels, and spray odor eliminator on carpets. After we both finish we spray and scrub any stains in the carpet.

Products used:
    - All Purpose Cleaner - 2 Bottles so both can work at the same time.
    - Hyper-Dressing
    - Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner
    - Gold Class Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner
    - NEW NXT Generation Glass Cleaner
    - Car Odor Eliminator
    - All-Surface Interior Brush

Pictures

Before:

After:

EXTERIOR:

On the exterior, we start by washing the car together. She rinses the car first, then I scrub the car with two wash mitts (One for upper body panels, one from under the trim and for the wheel wells at the end) using the two bucket method. I scrub a panel, then she hoses it down while I rinse out my mitts in a seperate bucket with a Grit Guard.

After the washing is complete, she starts to dry the car while I spray the wheels with a wheel cleaner and then follow with a hose to spray them off. I then wipe down each wheel by hand to remove any loose dirt. She uses the Water Magnet to dry the car. This took about 5 minutes on this van.

Next, she does one of two things. She either helps me with the claying process, or proceeds to do what we refer to as "the small things". On this particular, I clayed by myself while she dressed the tires, polished the plastic (headlights, tail lights, mirrors in this case), polished the chrome trim, dressed the black trim, dressed the wheel wells, cleaned the glass, and applied RainX to the windshield.

In the meantime, I clayed the entire front half on the car and select sections on the rear end, mainly on the rear bumper right behind the wheels. The best thing about working with two people is being able to spend time on things such as claying to get it done properly. Without a helper, I wouldn't have the luxury of behing able to take an hour claying. I also applied one coat of wax to the entire vehicle and removed it. She helped apply the second coat and remove it.

Products Used:
    - NXT Generation Car Wash
    - Professional Detailing Clay
    - NXT Generation Tech Wax
    - NEW NXT Generation Speed Detailer
    - PlastX
    - NEW Exterior Trim Detailer
    - NEW NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray
    - Hot Rims/Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner
    - NEW NXT Generation Glass Cleaner
    - Hyper-Dressing
    - Water Magnet Drying Towel
    - Ultra Plush Super Terry
    - High-Tech Applicator Pad
    - Ultimate Wipe
    - Grit Guard Insert

Pictures

Before:

After:

More Before:

More After:

After-Thoughts:

Certainly isn't the most drastic car we have done, although the interior was hugely improved. The entire car, inside and out, took about 4 hours, so 8 man-hours. We didn't polish for three reason: this car lives on dirt roads, it is a light color, this was a freebie job. Even without polish, I thought the van shined quite nicely when done, as can be seen in one or two of the reflection photos.

Let me know what you think.
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Looks good.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Van looks good !! I too have a Dodge Caravan, and I know it takes a looong time to get that beast lookin good. The last time I did a full detail on it in the spring, just the exterior alone....claying, cleaning, polishing, and waxing took me about 6 hours. Here is a picture of the beast after a wash and wax a few weeks ago.

Anyways...yours looks great, and it's very cool that your girlfriend shares your interest. My wife just rolls her eyes and mutters something about being "clean car crazy".

Matt
      Last edited by heebzman; Aug 2, 2005, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by heebzman

Anyways...yours looks great, and it's very cool that your girlfriend shares your interest. My wife just rolls her eyes and mutters something about being "clean car crazy".

Matt
        Yes, it is great that she shares the interest. I actually bought her a few Meguiar's products for her birthday which she loved (Hair and Lint Extractor, Ultra Plush Super Terrys, All Surface Interior Brush). All those things make her job quicker, easier, and more enjoyable.

While in Long Island we had a chance to go to a local Pep Boys. We don't have any Meguiar's retailers near us in Vermont. We bought a bunch of the new items then went back to the house to do another car. She wouldn't let me do anything! She wanted to try out all the new products for herself. I just sat back as she bragged about how awesome each new product was.
        Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

hey chris thanks for the info. you and your girl sure is moving! haha 4 hrs on a mini van is awesome.

well me and weekend detailer will be doing a co workers white 2001 frontier this satuday, thank god exterior only. but we do have alot of work to do because its never been waxed since bought, its kinda faded but i think it can be restored. we will take some photos of before and afters and post when we do.

hopefully we can do it fast its what we aim for is speeding up our time detailin.

Watch me go crazy silly fresh.

Comment

Just make sure that everyone stays busy and you should be able to do decrease your time. Also, we used to have one person polish while the other followed behind wiping off, this isn't the fastest way. Have the second person do all the little things such as tires, wheels, plastic, trim, and glass. Then if the first person is still polishing you can help wipe off. It seems to be a better use of time.
            Chris

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');