• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor Of Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Of Love

I detailed this 1996 Chrysler Concorde back in June of this year for my pastor's wife. She always wanted me to detail her car, but this lady was a hard, tireless worker and never could afford me the time to keep it long enough to clean it up! Her load doubled when her husband (Our pastor) had 2 heart attacks and 1 stroke. Somehow, he has managed to recover from most of this and is doing OK...........(More at the bottom)

I apoligize for the bad lighting.....The sun had set a little too low for me to take any optimal pictures, but the car really turned out well...(Except for a few minor swirls)

This is not wax in the crack, just a reflection of the camera flash off of something under the hood.

I appoligze for the wheel well.......I scrubed it with APC+, but I have no dressing for these areas, and the flash of the camera seemed to exaggerate this spot too.....But you can see a good reflection of the parking stripe.

My recipie was....

Gold Class Shampoo

Quick Clay

Speed Glaze/ W-8006/ G-100 combo @ the 5 setting......The top areas were buffed more than once.

1 coat of NXT

My pastor couldn't believe the way the car looked when I delivered it to him, but saddly, his wife of 49 years was not there to see it, because she passed away in Feb. of this year.......As it turned out, this was the only way I could get access to her car, since her labors on earth were over and she didn't need it any more.

It was a privilege to know Judy Houck for 22 years.......She was a great inspiration to all that knew her!
    Last edited by rusty bumper; Jul 19, 2005, 04:21 PM.
    r. b.

Way to go Rusty Bumper...

Your an inspiration to myself and many others on this forum.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Way to go Rusty Bumper...

Your an inspiration to myself and many others on this forum.

Thanks Mike!.....You made my day in more ways than one.

This Concord is well equiped with leather seats, climate control, moon roof, nice sound system, etc. My wife cleaned up the inside (I need to give her, her just due, and I should have taken interior pictures to show it), while I took care of the rest.

We enjoyed working on this car, but it was a bittersweet experience for my wife and I. My pastor had tears in his eyes when he saw how beautiful it turned out, and he said that he would never sell it.

I try to take care of his autos now that he is beyond doing it himself......I'm just grateful for the opportunity.
      Last edited by rusty bumper; Jul 19, 2005, 07:02 PM.
      r. b.

Comment

Hey RB,

Thank you for sharing this with us! It makes us all think twice and cherish those around us!

Also...never apologize about things like the wheel wells etc... Your work looks awesome and that is all that matters!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey RB,

Thank you for sharing this with us! It makes us all think twice and cherish those around us!

Also...never apologize about things like the wheel wells etc... Your work looks awesome and that is all that matters!

Tim
          Many thanks Tim!

I know the guys on this forum strive for excellence in their detailing (and I'm the same way too), but the camera flash made the wheel well look worse than it really was.

This car had been kept in a carport, but after 8 years of use I had my work cut out for me. And it's sometimes tough to detail every nook & cranny properly in one day without neglecting the parts that need it the most.
          r. b.

Comment

Had a chance to have a little fun recently with #82, #81, and another coat of NXT since I first posted this detail back in July.

It looks better now than it ever did, even though my point & shoot camera can't capture it like I wanted it too.

It's now kept under a cover when it's not being driven.

This is one more beautiful car!.....And it's a fitting tribute to the one that used to drive it.
            r. b.

Comment

very beautiful job u have done.... i like this pic the best

looks as good if not better than the brocheur pictures....

i bet shes smiling up there in heaven at her cars new shine....

oops very sorry wrong pic i linked too....

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                very beautiful job u have done....

looks as good if not better than the brocheur pictures....

i bet shes smiling up there in heaven at her cars new shine....

Thanks for the kind words benhui86

I just wished I had a better camera to shoot these kinds of pictures with.
                r. b.

Comment

excellent work R.B

the one thing i really like about this forum is the diversity of cars that are shown off,

and the fact that wether its a top of the range sports car or a daily driver everyones dedication to keeping them spotless is second to none.

keep up the great work

Comment

Great job!
                    Rangerpowersports.com
                    Ranger72

Comment

Alex, Ranger......Thanks for the compliments.
                      r. b.

Comment

Hey Rusty,
                        That car looks amazing, it's looks probably better than it did when they drove it off the show room floor.

I know that has to make you feel good by helping your Pastor and I know he has to really appreciate the hard work that you've done.

Keep up the good work,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
                          Hey Rusty,
                          That car looks amazing, it's looks probably better than it did when they drove it off the show room floor.

I know that has to make you feel good by helping your Pastor and I know he has to really appreciate the hard work that you've done.

Keep up the good work,

Tom
                          Thanks Tom!

It look's as good, if not better than the day it was new.

My pastor really appreciates all the effort that I have put into it.
                          r. b.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');