• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark blue Honda Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark blue Honda Odyssey

Yep, I detailed my sister’s mini van while she was out on vacation with her family. The model name of the van truly reflected my “Odyssey” in making it to look good. The van was never waxed since day one. That was 5 years ago! Yikes! At the end it took me 6 hours; from 7:00 am to 1:00 p.m. I had a bit of marine layer for about 1 hour, after that it was full sun. By the time I was done, it was close to 100 degrees! I am glad that my sister has a portable tent, but it was a bit small. Also, I am glad that I had a bit of help from my wife. Yep, she used the Quick Clay for the first time, cleaned the interior windows with NXT class cleaner, dressed the trims with GC trim detailer. She is a keeper!

Here is the list of issues besides of the usual swirls:
    Marring on the hood by using a dirty rag
    Paint transferred from another vehicle.
    Light scratches on the clear coat
    Dull plastic trim.

Here are my steps:
    Wash with NXT wash
    Clay using Quick Clay
    Paint transfer removal with MPPC and a terry cloth towel. It did better than Scratch X since it was someone’s paint sitting on top of the paint.
    #80 with 8006 pad to remove the swirls and marring
    1 coat of NXT with 9006 pad and removed with ultimate bonnet
    1 coat of #26 wax as a topper and removed by hand with a Superior Shine MF
    Dress up trims with CG trim Detailer
    High gloss Endurance tire dressing.

Marring and swirls
    Before

After (test spot on the right, you can see the taped section)

Paint transfer
    Before ( I forgot to take the 10 inches long one; luckily no damage one the paint)

After (Sorry wrong spot; a bit to the right)

Light scratches

Finshed

Hood

Killer reflection with NXT and #26 wax

Last edited by romulus; Jul 17, 2005, 07:37 AM.
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Looks good...are all the scratches away now? i hope so... but good reflections and shine!

Comment

Vans are no easy challenge by any stretch !....looks great...I"m sure your sister was thrilled !
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Great job looks great nothin like a sharp looking mom mobile.
        Only in a Jeep

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Yep that van was a challenge for me. I can't imagine if I detail a motor home. The scratches are gone for now. I am curious regading thouse scratches that looks like it went throught the clear coat but after light polishing them there were gone. It looks like some sort of film on it. Kind of scratched Elmer's glue?
          Still some deeper swirls but I am happy. Unfortunately I could not get rid of some bird drops etchings. Too deep in the paint. My sister and my brother in law were thrilled with the results.
          Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Really nice work. It appears you have a love for paint polishing.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');