• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda Accord after ColorX with PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Accord after ColorX with PC

Last week I tried ColorX on my Accord for the first time. After reading a lot of good comments about this product I decided to see for myself. The paint on my Accord was in pretty good condition to start with, only some very minor swirls were visible.

I applied the ColorX with my Makita BO6040 in DA-mode. The first thing I noticed when I opened the ColorX bottle was that is looks like and smells like PlastX quite a lot. I used a polishing pad to get just a little bit of cutting action to remove the swirls. After the application I let it dry for about a half an hour and then buffed it out with the Supreme Shine Microfiber cloth.

I was realy amazed by the reflectivity and depth of the paint. The minor swirls were all gone so the paint was in absolute perfect condition again.

There is only one problem. It's now almost impossible to take a decent picture of my car. The paint is so reflective that the pictures come auto looking like they are heavily photoshopped. Here's wat I mean...

What do you guys think?

Richard

WOW !....nice ride...one question about the ColorX: was it easy to remove after 1/2 hour ?...seems like a long time to wait...can't argue with the results though

Did you put anything on after the ColorX ?...
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

what do we think!? Well i think it looks aweomse, and if you like that look then stick to it! Did you top the color x?

Greg
      Pinnacle Detailing

Comment

The colorX was very easy to remove, even after leaving it on for half an hour. I haven't had a chance to top the ColorX with anything, but I try it later this week. Any suggestions on what to use, I have GC, NXT, #26?

Richard

Comment

Very nice Richard!
          At the picture's you can see that you spend a lot of hours in your car!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch
            The colorX was very easy to remove, even after leaving it on for half an hour. I haven't had a chance to top the ColorX with anything, but I try it later this week. Any suggestions on what to use, I have GC, NXT, #26?

Richard
            All great products from what I've read...only have experience with NXT and I really like it from ease of application to ease of removal and have only done it by hand....PC is on order and should be here next week so looking forward to being able to put a finish on my car like you have ...again, nice job !!
            Bill Poirier
            West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I guess i cannot repeat this enough... your car rocks very nice results Dutch!!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');