• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 Cavalier Z24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Cavalier Z24

Lets just say my Cavalier Z24 has been detailed from head to toe more then once a week to keep its 10 year old paint shining !! Thanks to Meguiars for helping me maintain my show car.

BNR Motorsports
    www.BNRMotorsports.com

That paint looks as good as new!

I bet that Alpine system set you back a little bit.

I don't have much in the way of mobile sound, but my home theater rocks.
    r. b.

Comment

Great work!

(Try to keep pictures at a maximum of 700 pixels wide or your force people to horizontal scroll which mean they can never see the entire pictures at one time)
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

nice job keeping your original paint looking new. Most people's cars are junk by that time, and I bet yours gets mistaken for a year old by those who don't know, coming from experience with my '97 S-10.

I'm also willing to bet you get plenty of exercise walking from the back of parking lots in what I call "ding-free" zones.....my wife isn't quite as excited about these zones, but she's getting used to it!

I like the sleek, simple look of the car, and good eye with picking those rims; they work well.

What do you use? Your paint reflects like an '04 black impala I detail for a neighbor!

Good work, bud
        "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

Thanks guys

Well their really is a long story behind the car but Ill make it short.

This is my first car I got it when I was 15 and now im 19. Ever since I went to my first car show basically when the car was stock I knew I had to make this thing really special. The whole goal of the car was to make it stand out without really standing out...

And yes their has been many long walks but now this is strictly a show car not driven daily anymore due to ignorant people that cant stand people with nice cars that tamper with them while in a parking lot so its just safer to keep the dent free car in the garage

Their has been alot of time and effort getting it to the level that its at right now.
          I use
          Gold glass shampoo
          Scratch X
          The step process
          Followed up by Gold Class Wax
          Also I just picked up the High endurence tire gel stuff.. Its amazing!! I will never use a spray again. The gel goes on soo much nicer and stays longer

Thanks again for the comments. Fell free to ask anymore questions

Ken
          BNR Motorsports
          www.BNRMotorsports.com

Comment

I'm really impressed with the fiberglass inclosure for the lcd screen. Did you do that, or was that a stereo install shop who did that?

Also, I like how you left the stock deck in (I can see the remote, so I know there's something better actually powering the system). I assume you did this so it looks like there's nothing to steal. Is there a deck mounted remotely, or does the lcd have some sort of sound processing unit built in?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Perry
              I'm really impressed with the fiberglass inclosure for the lcd screen. Did you do that, or was that a stereo install shop who did that?

Also, I like how you left the stock deck in (I can see the remote, so I know there's something better actually powering the system). I assume you did this so it looks like there's nothing to steal. Is there a deck mounted remotely, or does the lcd have some sort of sound processing unit built in?
              Thanks

I had orgionally started to build the encloser for the dash myself but I was running out of time and needed it done for a show so I took it to a local audio shop in town that also did the fiberglass trunk encloser as welll..

The whole look for the dash was to look stock basically. Even the texure where the fiberglassing was stock texutre coated.

But this is what is powering everything

As you can also see I relocated the climate controll to the glove box because they were located where the lcd is currently ..

Thanks again

Ken
              BNR Motorsports
              www.BNRMotorsports.com

Comment

It's a very good job and nice car!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken96z
                  Feel free to ask anymore questions

Ken
                  Ken,

Where did you get the interior work done at? Or did you do that yourself? I'm desperately wanting to get rid of the Bose (Buy Other Sound Equipment) stereo from my car.
                  Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                    That paint looks as good as new!
                    not to mention it's a black car!

Comment

Originally posted by atclew
                      Ken,

Where did you get the interior work done at? Or did you do that yourself? I'm desperately wanting to get rid of the Bose (Buy Other Sound Equipment) stereo from my car.
                      Hey

The work was done at a place called Sound Image in Belvidere, IL. Great guys and the work is flawless I highly recommend. If you need anymore info about them just let me know

Thanks
                      BNR Motorsports
                      www.BNRMotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');