• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep detail

Hey Everyone,
    I did a detail for my brother in law last weekend over Memorial Day and I wanted to show the end results. I wish I had taken a pic before we started, but I was in kind of a hurry and forgot too.

Anyways, my brother in law was like, I wax this thing once a year whether it needs it or not, and i saw an old bottle of Turtle Wax he had in the garage, so I asked him to bring it over and see if we can't make it look any better.

We washed it with Pro C-60 Car wash and used the Gold Class Wide Body Brush to wash it with and used Wheel Brightener and the Wheel Face Tire and Wheel Brush on the Wheels. We then pulled the car in the garage and didn't bother to dry it since we were going to clay it. My brother in law had never seen clay before and he was shocked to see the results from using it. We used the Mild clay with Last Touch 1:1 for the lube. I wanted to use 83 followed by 80 with a rotary, but he was in a hurry, so we ended up using 66 on a rotary with a polishing pad, it took probably 80 % of the scratches and swirls out of the paint. I was able to alteast talk him into following it up with 21 using the DA and a finishing pad. We finished up the Tires with NXT Insane Shine. He said it's never looked that good, even when he bought it....

That sure does look good!

Nice work!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Me thinks the word glisten best describes your results!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

WOW! Nice work. The paint looks dripping. Awesome.

How's business been?

Comment

Let me pick my jaw up off my desk. That is absolutely incredible.

Can you describe the condition of the vehicle before you started? Again, amazing!

Comment

Thanks much everyone

Scrub, for me buisness has been kind of slow, either it's not having the time to do vehicles, or I'm doing relatives vehicles for little if any money. Most people when I tell them what I would charge and it's not that much, (140.00 for an average sized vehicle) they just look at me and then change the subject! lol, I think I must know a lot of cheapskates! Most either don't care about the condition of their vehilce and think the occasional wash is good enough, or they dont' realize how much work it is for me...

I've not really been to aggressive in getting the work though, I was hoping word of mouth would get me some buisness rather than me doing a lot of adverstising. Time is a factor also, I only have the weekends to do this and then I have to make time for the family as well. It does pay for my golf...

PhillyStang, it was in average shape I would guess, when we washed it, it didn't bead or anything and it had some tar on it. It just had kind of a flat or dull look with some minor scratches and swirls, but nothing really bad. My brother in law wants to start helping me now on the weekends, that's how much he liked it!

Comment

Nice work Tom!

That color looks like Black Cherry?

Is #66 much different than #80?......It looks to be the same on the abrasive scale.

Hope I can get my rotary some day soon, but I have a long wish list.
              r. b.

Comment

Rusty Bumper,
                IMHO, 66 is an awsome 1 step product, not sure about how long the the protection lasts, but it does seem to have about the same cleaning abilites that 80 does and I think it's much easier to remove, it removes about as easy as a wax. It provides a nice shiney appearance and when you don't have time to do a two or three step process on a vehicle that does need some cleaning, it's they way I like to go. I'm guessing it's like Color-X but maybe a bit stronger.

thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Tom,

See if Bill Cook will hire you! for those who don't know, Bill is a billionaire who (I think) lives in Bloomington, IN. I went to school at IU-Bloomington and also performed with Star of Indiana's productions of Brass Theater and Blast, which Bill Cook actually helped start and sponsor.

That cherokee looks AWESOME!!!

"Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

nice polishing.. but?

very nice polishing.. i like your job..

but do you like your car..jeep...i am talking about the engine
                    and tranmission... on few people in my country buying this car
                    even if it is new one and been used for few months.. no one
                    will pay attention to this car.. it has a problem with transmission
                    most of the cars...i plan to buy one.. but after i heared about the
                    problems i changed my mind... i have got land cruiser toyota
                    it is better resale than your cherokee jeep...

it is just a question my dear... i respect your opinion
                    great adventure

Comment

it's not my Jeep, it belongs to a relative. As far as I know, he's not had any drivetrain problems with it.

Comment

Nice, did you use wheel brightner on the wheel wells to ? Did you have to agrigate any with a brush or did you just spray and rinse the wheel brightner ?

Comment

Hey Frozen,
                          I probably used APC on the wheel wheels and then used a brush. As for the Wheels, it was Wheel Brightener and I then followed that with a wheel brush on the rims right after, then rinsing.

Tom

Comment

Nice how do you dilute the wheelbrighter, do you have the new or old wheel brightner ? Also do you wear gloves, eye wear or a mask with WB I find the warning label and smell to be a little extreme.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the old Wheel Brightener, and I'm thinking it's 5:1. I don't wear any breathing protection or gloves, I try not to breath it too much or get it on my skin. It hasn't bothered me so far...

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');