• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father & Son PICTURES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father & Son PICTURES

My dad is getting up there in years and has a bad case of Parkinson's and I don't have many pictures of just him and me together. Then one day it hit me: He has a black '79 'vette that he LOVES tinkering with (since he can't really drive anymore, he tinkers). I have a black '13 Camaro that I love to drive and tinker with. SO why don't I get dad to park the 'vette next to the Camaro, with the two of us standing in front of the cars. Kind of a father & son/father & son thing (me and dad / Corvette and Camaro).

He thought it was a neat idea so I started last night polishing out his 'vette (I haven't touched it in a few years and man is it swirled). Mine was detailed this past Friday, so It should only need a WW or something similar if the dust & pollen are kept to a minimum.

My dad's car doesn't leave the garage if it's raining two states away or if the driveway is wet. 5 minutes BEFORE these pics were taken it was snowing (yes, snow in May - hey, it's Ohio). But the sun came out, it got warm and the driveway dried off. TWO MINUTES AFTER the pics were taken, the skies got dark and opened up again and it snowed like crazy ... he had barely gotten it back in the garage before it could be "pounded" by snowflakes.

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Father & Son PICTURES

Very sweet story and Father/Son + Father/Son pictures.

There was a window of opportunity to make it happen before the weather got bad again.

Low 40's *F in New York this morning, real feel even colder due to a chilly wind factor. No snow though.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');