• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1966 Shelby G.T. 350-H 13 hours of paint correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Shelby G.T. 350-H 13 hours of paint correction

1966 Shelby G.T.350-H
    Paxton Supercharger
    #703 of 800

"Carroll Shelby struck a deal with the Hertz Corporation to produce a special line of G.T. 350s for rent that, after their rental-car lives were finished, were returned to Ford, refurbished, and sold to the public as "GT 350-H" models.

Most Hertz cars featured gold LeMans stripes and rocker panel stripes, although a few were white with blue stripes.

The first 85 Hertz cars were available with four-speed manual transmissions and Hertz advertised them as "Rent-a-Racer" cars. During rental, these cars were sometimes used as production class cars at SCCA events, and were rumored to have been returned to Hertz with evidence of roll bars being welded in.

Hertz ordered the last 800 models with black paint, gold stripes and black interior, as well as automatic transmission.

When the Hertz cars were returned to Ford to be prepared for sale to the public, the high-performance parts were often "lost" (presumably at the manufacturer) before final sale.[1]"

Recent listings of comparable models are upwards of $150,000.

Looks pretty good from ten feet

Up Close, there were lots of deep RIDS.

Started off with a Rinseless wash with Meguiar's D114

The vehicle didn't pass the "Baggie Test", so I did half the hood with traditional clay.

For the remained of the vehicle; overspray and other bonded contaminants were removed with a Speedy Prep Towel and Meguiar's Last Touch.

Test Spot on the trunk with M205 and a cutting pad on my FLEX 3401.

Too many Swirls and Deep RIDS left behind.

Another Test Spot with M100 on a Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Pad; followed by M205 and a polishing pad.

The cowl area had loads of Swirls.

Corrected with 3" DAMF pads and M100 followed by M205

My old PC came in handy.

Was able to removal all but part of one of the RIDS.

AFTER

Re: 1966 Shelby G.T. 350-H 13 hours of paint correction

Nice job. It came out great.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

My God! I love it!
      2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing--love the history behind the car.
        Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - John Lennon

Comment

What a phenomenal save. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice Allen
            I have always liked the 66 350 in black and gold.

Comment

Great work! Awesome 50:50 shots!
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');