• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Harley Davidson VRod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Harley Davidson VRod

Worked on my brothers Harley Davidson. It's a 2004 with 4K miles on it. He's done some changes to the bike after he purchased it from the previous owner.

Wash: Meguiar's D114

Paint Decon: Nanoskin Fine Grade Sponge, Meguiar's D155

Compound: Pinnacle Advanced Compound

Polish: Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Paint Coating prep: Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Protection: Pinnacle Black Label V2

Tires: Blackfire All In One Trim and Tire Protectant

Metal: Meguiar's Fine Cut Metal Polish, Wolfgang Metal Sealant

Rear Panel Before:

There are some very deep scratches that require touch up paint of he chooses to repair them.

Rear Panel after a compound and polish.

This is the location for the where the rear seat is attached. 2" pads come in handy.

After a compound and polish. Not perfect but much better.

Final reflection shots

I took outside for a few minutes and it did not take long for the Santa Ana winds to blow dust on it.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: 2004 Harley Davidson VRod

Very nice work Mike!

I thought tire dressings were a no-no for bikes?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
      Very nice work Mike!

I thought tire dressings were a no-no for bikes?
      Thanks. Lol you are not the first person to say this about the tire dressing.

Blackfire AIO is more of a cleaner that leaves something behind. It is not like a typical dressing. Also the area it was applied to is so small. It's about an inch in size. It's nowhere near the brakes or the tread pattern. He rarely rides it anyway so it will be fine. Think of it as QID for tire and trim.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Oh, ok.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Great Job. The bike looks awesome!
          2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
          2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
          2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');