• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merc E350 Full detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merc E350 Full detail

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post some photos of a recent job that I did.

A bit of background to the story. The customer rang asking about my services that I offer stating that she had a Mercedes E class and that she was auctioning it off. My first thought was neat and tidy Merc, probably one of my express detail packages would be all she would want/need. I arrange to go have a look at the car and this it what I found.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    (look between the seat and corner of the mat) that's what the whole interior was like. Leather seats were covered in a thick sweat body fat grime! Meg D181 fixed it easy though.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Upon seeing the car, I explained that this was going to need a lot more than a quick clean up! The customer agreed and we agreed on a package more suited to the job at hand.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Washed
    Clayed with Nanoskin Medium mitt
    Paint machine polished using the Meg DAMFS
    (Wish it had of been a sunny day for the after photos)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Meg Wheel Brightener for the wheels and Super Degreaser for the tyres and arches. Tyres and arches dressed with Hyper Dressing
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Carpet shampooed with Meg APC and carpet extractor using a rinse aid in the solution. Plastics Meg APC followed by Meg Quick Interior Detailer. Seats Meg D181 followed by D180. Windows Meg Glass Cleaner D120.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Engine Cleaned with Super Deg and dressed with Hyper Dressing
    [IMG][/IMG]

Customer was very happy with the result, as was I. Hope you guys enjoy reading this. I'll post more jobs up as I can

Re: Merc E350 Full detail

This project turned out great. Nice story behind it as well.

Comment

Nice work; have you ever tried Stoners black trim and if you have what is your opinion vs hyper dressing because I like better on door jams and engine.

Comment

Thanks guys. No sorry I haven't. I have used Autoglym bumper and trim gel and currently use Meg tire and trim gel for plastic trim as I find hyper dressing not to have the durability. What do you like about the Stoners black trim over Hyper Dressing?

Comment

Stoners is better because you won't get much over spray also it gives a richer natural shine and it last longer. However, I do use hyper dressing for the tires and inside the wheel fender and usually apply every 2 weeks.

Comment

Looks great. I thought when looking at the first picture that the rims where actually black. lol.
            2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
            2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
            2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Great turnaround! I chuckled at how your 1st pic was the wheel

I don't blame you for being excited about those wheels considering how nasty they were when you arrived.. I think my old neighbor and that car owner might be distant relatives? Lol.

Comment

This belongs to one of my tenants they always look like this too. I have offered to clean her car but she hasn't taken me up on the offer yet.

2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Nice turnaround. It looks great.

Originally posted by Larry90 View Post
                  Stoners is better because you won't get much over spray also it gives a richer natural shine and it last longer. However, I do use hyper dressing for the tires and inside the wheel fender and usually apply every 2 weeks.
                  If you like stoners try some D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating. Or better yet wait for the new Ultimate Black aerosol, which has much more durability than D4510. D4510 will last about 2-3 weeks.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Very nice work Mitch!

That thing was in pretty rough shape, but you saved it..
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                      Great turnaround! I chuckled at how your 1st pic was the wheel

I don't blame you for being excited about those wheels considering how nasty they were when you arrived.. I think my old neighbor and that car owner might be distant relatives? Lol.

Lol gotta love those jobs where you actually discover the wheels are chrome!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott's 62 View Post
                        This belongs to one of my tenants they always look like this too. I have offered to clean her car but she hasn't taken me up on the offer yet.

Yer euro cars sure can change the colour of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                          Nice turnaround. It looks great.

If you like stoners try some D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating. Or better yet wait for the new Ultimate Black aerosol, which has much more durability than D4510. D4510 will last about 2-3 weeks.
                          Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                            Very nice work Mitch!

That thing was in pretty rough shape, but you saved it..
                            thanks Davey. Nice commodore as your picture.

Comment

Great job
                              auto detailing in Lexington Kentucky

Detailing cars in lexington

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');