• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1976 Cadillac Bicentennial Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Cadillac Bicentennial Convertible

Got this in for a light correction and to coat the paint and vinyl top with GTechniq. Another low mileage Caddy, I believe it is also around 15 thousand original miles and out of Texas. The top has been replaced and now has Clear Coat paint.

A Rinseless wash has been done along with a light scrubbing of the top and thorough drying before applying GTechniq for coating protection. Paint was clayed and smoothed to remove any contaminates. Covered, taped and ready for Ultimate Compound, 7424XP, and polishing pad.

Close up of hood.

Paint looks nice until under the right light, had some light swirls from improper washes but nothing major.

Didn't take many before and up close pics, was running behind and had to hurry up and get finished and start on the GTechniq coating so these next pics are just money shots of finished work.

Thought I'd show all the micro fiber towels I used on this light correction and coating job.

And a couple Interior pics.

I believe the gentlemen told me that the carpet had been replaced but the rest was original.

As I stated the paint has been redone and clear coat at that so all I had to do was just remove some light swirls and add a coating to this awesome Cadillac, not trying to take any credit for the finish it was a nice paint job to begin with and just made my job very easy. Also is registered on the web site that is tracking all where about of the 200 Bicentennial made and this one is lucky number 90. And as all old great cars have a story to go with them, this one was very unique and interesting to say the lease that was told to me by the now new 2nd owner!

Hope you enjoyed looking at this great car as I did working on it but sorry I didn't really have alot of my usual before and during pics.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Wow that car is beautiful. The paint looks so smooth & shiny after you polished it. The tires & hubcaps are in perfect condition.. Is Ultimate Compound all you used? Looks great!

Comment

Did you polish over the pinstripes?

Comment

Re: 1976 Cadillac Bicentennial Convertible

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
        Wow that car is beautiful. The paint looks so smooth & shiny after you polished it. The tires & hubcaps are in perfect condition.. Is Ultimate Compound all you used? Looks great!
        Yes, UC is my go to and will use either a polishing pad, cutting pad or cutting disk to get the level of aggressiveness I'm looking for with use from my 7424XP or if I need more go to my 3401 Flex. Or just step up to M100 / M105 and same principle with my pads and machines.

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
        Did you polish over the pinstripes?
        Yes, but very, very carefully and low speed and hardly any pressure!! Also went over/along each pin strip to make sure there wasn't any breaks or tears so I didn't or wouldn't have any trouble! Didn't get or go over the ends were they started.
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');