• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low mileage '90 Prelude, 2-step polish and Opti-Guard protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low mileage '90 Prelude, 2-step polish and Opti-Guard protection

This car belongs to a previous co-work of mine and to be honest it's a little near and dear to my heart for a few reasons. The first reason being that I'm a big Honda fan and IMO these cars are what made Honda what it is today. My first car was also an '86 Prelude which my father and I repainted a different color when I was 16. I've also owned several other Preludes over the years and currently have a '92 as a beater car. Last but not least, this was actually the first car I detailed out of my garage 6 years ago after I finished it all off.

Here is the car 6 years ago before I worked on it...

The owner has had this car since new and it truly is her baby! It's rust free, which is rare for a 22yr old Honda in MN, and it currently has 148,xxx kilometers (91,xxx miles) on it. Yes, this is a Canada spec car so the instrument display is in kilometers. Needless to say I LOVE this car and definitely put in more time then I should have, but I can't help myself.

It had been a long time since the car was detailed and it's seen it's share of less than perfect washings over the last 6 years. To top it off she recently allowed the neighbor to "wax" the car, which was actually what caused her to contact me and see if I was still detailing. The neighbor had left wax in all the cracks, on the trim, and in the chips. I was able to remove most of it, but only so much could be done with the chips. Side note: MF pads do a great job of cleaning out wax from rock chips!

Before pics

Removed trim piece on hood

Light oxidation and wash marring

Taped up

50/50 shots

Hood propped up to avoid burning edges on this 22yr old paint...I also taped off some adjacent edges during the process too.

Correction was done with D300/MF followed by Sonax Perfect Finish on a LC crimson foam pad. Paint coated with Opti-Guard and trim coated with CarPro D-Lux.

Finished pics!

About to rain when I finished so no sun pics, sorry.

Sylvester has also been in the car since about the time she bought it....clearly the UV exposure over the years has not been kind to him.

He says hi though!

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: Low mileage '90 Prelude, 2-step polish and Opti-Guard protection

Wow, this car is mint ! Rare car and in very rare condition for a 22 years old car !
    Nice work !

Comment

Looks awesome! Nice work!

Comment

Fantastic work Chad! Red looks really good when properly detailed.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Nice job. I love giving life to old cars.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I love this era of Prelude the hole car looks mint! great job bringing it back to show room condition Rasky.
              2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
              1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
              1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
              1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
              1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Super shiny and wet.

Great job, Chad.

Comment

Great work!
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Chad... seriously awesome work!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');