• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash, Clay, Polish, & Wax on a 2006 Honda Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash, Clay, Polish, & Wax on a 2006 Honda Accord

This car belongs to a friend's sister, who is not big on washing her car. While this thing only has 12k miles on it, it looks like it has been through the wash about twice in its lifetime. We spent about 7 hours getting the car looking good again. We failed to snap any before pictures -- but trust me, it was pretty bad. Completely covered in dirt and dust, with minor swirls and a few deep isolated scratches.

We were a little afraid of running into soft honda paint, but that really didn't seem to be an issue. The paint cleaned up very nicely. Our process was:

1) Clean tires and hubcaps with APC+ and hot water.
    2) Wash car with Gold Class and a Meguiar's MF wash mitt.
    3) Clay with Last Touch 1:1.
    4) Polish with Ultimate Polish on a Lake Country Tangerine Hydro-Tech pad.
    - This was really a pleasant surprise. This combination, along with Speed 6 on the Griot's DA really cleaned up the paint nicely. It took out the minor swirls and really amped up the gloss with only a few passes. There was no need to get any more aggressive than this, so we didn't even open up the bottle of Ultimate Compound that we had ready. The UP really added a subtle gloss and darkening effect to the paint.
    5) Wax with Ultimate Paste Wax.
    6) Endurance gel on the tires.

Interiors were vacuumed, wiped down with APC+. The dash was treated with Vinylex, and the glass cleaned with D120 Glass Cleaner.

Re: Wash, Clay, Polish, & Wax on a 2006 Honda Accord

For all of those who are spending huge amounts on the more botique products -- the bottle of ultimate polish we used cost us $6.97 shipped on Amazon. I don't even think we used half the bottle!

Comment

Nice Job

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

great work!! the flicks are crazy on this one

Comment

Wow!! nice work there!
          Meguiars is all you need!
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
            Wow!! nice work there!
            Meguiars is all you need!
            Yeah, no reason to get too complicated either. You can do a great job with just a few basic products. I love APC+, so versatile.

I was debating giving it a coat of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (essentially the same thing as #7), but I just didn't have the energy. Still happy with how it looks though.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');