• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing 2005 BMW 320d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing 2005 BMW 320d

Hello,

this is my first time detailing a BMW. I think the hardness of the paint was similar to Mercedes, maybe a little softer, but still quite hard. It’s my friend’s car and we agreed just to refresh the paint, actually I had only one day to work on. Here are some photos...

The car had several major scratches on front bumper. It has to be repainted, so I didn’t do any work on it.

There were some other scratches…

After wash with Chemical Guys Honeydew…

The paint was decontaminated with Meguiar’s white clay bar. As lubricant I used Last touch, diluted with purified water 1:1. Remaining residues of claying were cleaned with 10% isopropyl alcohol and purified water mix.

Some shots before polishing…

These scratches were pretty deep…

this was the best I could bring out.

Some afters…

Exhaust was polished with Autosol metal polish.

For polishing I used Ultimate compound and SwirlX on yellow Meg’s polishing pad and W68DA backing plate with Kestrel DAS 6. For smaller parts I used the same products on orange Menzerna 80mm polishing pad and Flexipads backing plate.
    Paint was protected with Meg’s M16 paste wax.

It’s a pity that the bumper is heavily scratched; it really spoils the overall appearance of the car. It’ll sure be repainted soon…

Glasses were cleaned with Meg’s NXT glass cleaner, windshield was sealed with Rain-X.

Tires were dressed with Wolf’s chemicals “Black out”.

Thanks for watching =)

Re: Detailing 2005 BMW 320d

Great job on the detail! That E90 looks sick! I love the wheels and the stance of the car.

Ultimate compound is indeed a great product! UC saves the day once again!
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks ;-) Yes, I'm quite satisfied with my work, the owner is also really happy with the results. The M3 19 inch wheels are awsome!

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Those wheels are absolutely sick. That tire gel looks great too. Beautiful car, no one builds them like BMW does imo.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');