• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow 1989 CRX (Many pics, belongs to my dad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow 1989 CRX (Many pics, belongs to my dad)

Here are a few pics from a mild paint correction we did while I was in CT. I ordered a porter cable 7464 da along with some products for him...unfortunately I ordered the wrong pads so we were only able to achieve 40-50% correction. As you can see from the pics...there was pretty severe damage to the clear coat...from years of improper washing. My dad now knows how to wash his cars properly...so this shouldn't happen again.

Process was m105, m205, chem guys blacklight sealant, poor boys liquid blue wax...unfortunately I ordered a pad that didn't have enough cutting power...so correction was somewhat limited.

He's owned 19 CRX's over the years, is obviously quite a fan. In a few weeks I'll be traveling to CT to do a better correction to his mint condition 91 Si. If you aren't a fan of Honda CRX's, I get it...but these are getting rare.

On with the pics.

Re: Yellow 1989 CRX (Many pics, belongs to my dad)

Good to see some older Honda's getting some love around hear. Looks good its amazing what a little polishing will do to swirled paint.

Great Job.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Looks nice for the age, that's for sure. I'd drive it.
      -James
      2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Looking good. Has the CRX been repainted, as I thought Honda still used single stage on some colors in that time period. I will keep an eye out for the Si detail.
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');