• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick clean up for Bugatti USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick clean up for Bugatti USA

Contacted by Bugatti USA(Todd Helme passed my name to them), they needed a quick clean up with no correction for a Grand Sport Edition to be shown @ a show for the premier of "Cars 2" @ Pixar studios in Emeryville.

Mobile job under tough conditions(No shade/water) but the maintenance guys for Pixar did show me a GFI outlet on the light standard in the parking lot so I was able to give the car a nice cleaning for the show the next day.

At arrival.

There was a decent amount of marring, and the car could use a thorough correction, but not horrible for a press car with 8K on the odometer.

After the car cooled down, I moved it to a spot with some shade and room and got started.

As there was no water source I brought my "Low pressure washer" and sprayed Sonax Full effect on the wheels and let stand and cleaned the barrels as usual.

Jeff @ Immaculate Reflections wanted to see the pull out bed on my truck, here it is Jeff.

Foot scuff on the clearfilm, utilized Premier's TTR to clean it.

Removing "Bug deposits" with the TTR.

As stated "No correction", but the finish was so dry I gave it a pass with Megs D301 and a finish pad for some smoothness.

Interior clean up.

Would have loved to give the car a full correction.......but now it is presentable.

Pic of interior through glass roof.

"Comfortable in my own skin"

Re: Quick clean up for Bugatti USA

I've seen your work before - as always you are very thorough and professional. I love seeing your write-ups! Hopefully there will be many more for us to enjoy and learn from here on MOL.

Mark

Comment

Here is the other half of the write up now that I am "Approved" lol.

There was other "Tightness" there as well........ Audi R8 GT.

Aston Martin "Virage".

Grand Sport being moved into place for the show.

Inside Pixar Studios.

Something nice was under wraps..................

Comment

I agree with Mark. Great job on the Bugatti considering the conditions.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Great work as usual Bob.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yup. Tough condition to work with. Great work Bob

Always great to see your writeups
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

They are going to drive it down to L.A. then I get it!!!!! Thanks for the hand off Bob!!
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

A job well done
                Hats off to you

Comment

I had no idea you were mobile Bob. Pretty sweet mobile rig though! What low pressure sprayer is that? Looks like a newer version of that battery one that was the rage a few years ago.
                  Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

It had been driven a good 400 miles since Bob cleaned it and now it was our turn. The rims were filthy and the front was covered in bugs and little tar specs.

The picture Bob post with the paint defects don't do what this car actually needed justice. This car would benefit from serious paint correction. We did pretty much exactly what Bob did to this car the day before.

We had a blast working on it. It truly is an awesome car!!!

Thank you for the referral Bob.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

BTW....the blue Bugatti that the folks a Meguiars polished was parked right next to this one when I went to go pick it up. Sorry no pics as it was too dark for my cel phone camera.

Comment

Wow, the President and Vice-President in the same room...Secret Service must have been everywhere or at least representatives of the insurance company...

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

Comment

Bob, and Joe, great work on the car! Now it look's like it's suppose to.

PS Joe, loved the target practice video also. hehehe
                            2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
                            AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
                            1st Place-Best Overall Detail
                            3rd Place-Best of Show
                            March 26th, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                              It had been driven a good 400 miles since Bob cleaned it and now it was our turn. The rims were filthy and the front was covered in bugs and little tar specs.

The picture Bob post with the paint defects don't do what this car actually needed justice. This car would benefit from serious paint correction. We did pretty much exactly what Bob did to this car the day before.

We had a blast working on it. It truly is an awesome car!!!

Thank you for the referral Bob.

No worries Joe, I knew you and the "Crew" could handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');