• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XJ Jaguar Detailed (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ Jaguar Detailed (Video)

Hi guys,

Hope everyone had a great 3 day weekend. This was my Saturday detail. A beautiful XJ Jaguar. The condition of the paint wasn't extremely bad but did need improvement. That color seemed to hide any swirls and light defects well. It was hard to capture on camera so I didn't even try. I know this car has had some detail work done to it based on some compound/wax residue in the crevices, around the door handles and in & around the bumper sensors. I made sure all that was cleaned up before I started my part. I made a short video as I have been doing with some of my other postings. Hope you enjoy it.

Process:
    EXTERIOR- Washed with a citrus based solution twice to remove any wax or sealants
    - Clayed with Meguiars Mild
    - MF D300 & D301
    - Layered with some #20
    - Exhaust tips with Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Polish
    - Tires received ASD
    - Wheels cleaned with Megs Hot Rims Chrome Polish

INTERIOR
    - Vac
    - Wipe down with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer
    - Door jambs & trunk jambs cleaned with Meguiars X-Press Spray Wax
    - Door rubber seals were treated with Megs #40

Time: 7hrs

Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Re: XJ Jaguar Detailed (Video)

The Jag looks great, Jesse.

I really liked the video: nice music, cool switches between graphics and real pics, the vehicle well protected by M20 which you demonstrated by putting water on the surface.

Super enjoyable to watch and read.

I hope you found some time to relax and used your grill on Sunday and Monday.

Comment

Echo Greg's comments completely!!

What did you use on that little creature on the hood? Very shiny!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
        The Jag looks great, Jesse.

I really liked the video: nice music, cool switches between graphics and real pics, the vehicle well protected by M20 which you demonstrated by putting water on the surface.

Super enjoyable to watch and read.

I hope you found some time to relax and used your grill on Sunday and Monday.
        Thanks Greg, I appreciate the kind comments. Didn't really have too much time to relax and BBQ. I had another interior job on Sunday which was about 5hrs. After that had a small family function to attend. No BBQ on that one. On Monday I installed some inground sprinklers at my brothers house. So it was a busy weekend. I could definitely use another day to just relax.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
        Echo Greg's comments completely!!

What did you use on that little creature on the hood? Very shiny!
        Thanks David! Lol, little creature . I used a bit of the Hot Rims Chrome polish as well.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');