• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome Wrapped Lambo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Wrapped Lambo

So I was contacted by a customization shop in the LA area to come out and detail the only lambo in the US with a chrome vinyl wrap on it. There are of course no techniques or know methods for detailing this type of finish so I did a bunch of work on chrome wrapped test panels first to see what the issues would be. Finally got the right method and products dialed in and off we went!

I am waiting for approval from the owner to post pics but should have them up really soon. It was a privilege to detail this car and have the shop trust my company enough to have us work on what could have easily turned into a very expensive disaster.

So, with any luck, check back on this thread in a could days and hopefully will have some pics. if I dont get approval to post them I can email them to anyone that would like to see the car and results.

Re: Chrome Wrapped Lambo

Also if you come to the open garage night in irvine coming up I will bring a laptop with the pics for anyone that would like to see them.

Comment

Wow, I look forward to seeing some pics.

So was it a correction or just a wash/quick detail? I can't imagine how you would correct vinyl wrap, nor why you would want to, since you could just take it off and start again.

What was your process?
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
        Wow, I look forward to seeing some pics.

So was it a correction or just a wash/quick detail? I can't imagine how you would correct vinyl wrap, nor why you would want to, since you could just take it off and start again.

What was your process?

with this wrap they could not remove it since the shop was completely out of the wrap they ordered special from 3M. they actually used three cars worth of wrap trying to get it right.

I did a light amount of correction on it and had to work on test panels before figuring out the right way to do it. Mostly I used Ultimate polish since it is a light weight cutter but really good polish on a microfiber fiishing pad and kept from hitting one area more than a couple times to keep the heat from building. So, I worked an area and then moved on and returned after the wrap cooled down again.

it took many hours but the results were good, gonna post pics soon since I have not heard from the shop or the owner.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');