• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's Day Detailing Special: Galaxy Blue Metallic/ Tan 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day Detailing Special: Galaxy Blue Metallic/ Tan 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6

Hello all,

It's been some time since I last posted a thread of my very own. Times have been extremely busy with lots of personal things in my family, but now I'm back and better than ever. So what better way to kick things back off, than with a full detail as a mother's day gift on my mom's 2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6.

This car has just ticked over 101K miles and has seen it's fair share of abuse (mostly thanks to my sister from previous events). There were dents, dings, scratches and swirls TATTOOED all over this car! However, that wasn't gonna stop me from giving this car an "ULTIMATE" detail. I just recently purchased 2 bottles each of the new Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Liquid Wax, and the target of choice had just now been acquired. So the scene was set..mom goes out of town for a family reunion for 2 days, car's in my hands? PERFECT!

Mission #1: Assess The Target
    EXTERIOR

INTERIOR

Mission #2: Prepare the Ammunition
    -Gold Class Shampoo/ Conditioner
    -Smooth Surface (White) Clay Bar
    -Ultimate Compound
    -Ultimate Polish
    -Ultimate Liquid Wax
    -Gold Class Leather Cleaner/ Conditioner
    -Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel
    -Eagle One A2Z All-Wheel & Tire Cleaner
    -Tuff Stuff Foaming Cleaner
    -RIGID Wet/ Dry Shop-vac
    -2 5 gal. Home Depot buckets
    -Wash Mitt & Sponge

Mission #3: CLEANSE THE AREA OF THE ENEMY!
    (No pics of detail in progress)

MISSIONS COMPLETED! The battle has been won, but the war is far from over!

AFTERS

Exterior

Headlight Quick Clean (UC + PlastX)

INTERIOR

Engine Bay Quick Wipe Down (VERY LIGHT Coating: Ultimate Protectant)

My mom was absolutely thrilled with the car when I showed up to pick her up at the airport on Mother's Day (May 8, 2011), and she promised to keep the garage clean enough for it to stay for now. =)

So the verdict for the Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Liquid Wax combo?
    Take Care Everyone,
    Bobby Johnson
    Owner/ Founder: Carchitects Auto Detail

"When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
    When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');