• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aston Martin - A rare beauty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aston Martin - A rare beauty.

It's been a while since I posted anything , perferring to drop in for a look and to learn but this car was too nice to not post about.

I'd heard about this car coming to New Zealand about 6 months ago and we've been eagerly anticipating it's arrival. With only 77 of them worldwide I think our wee country is pretty fortunate to have one come here.
    Astons as everyone knows have great paint but they seldom arrive from the factory looking their best and this to my surprise was no exception. It was fairly well covered with the ususal dry/dull spots, buffer trails and swirls etc... although this one was covered in hideous water spotting/etching that took quite a bit of removing.
    I really want to apologise for the quality of the photo's due to the appaling lighting and my Iphone seems to have a smudged lens that I didn't notice till loading them up just now.

There's not really any before shots unfortunately but it was pretty shocking for what is a NZ$2,500,000 car.
    I was pretty shocked by the softness of the clearcoat, I've polished a lot of Astons and they're pretty easy to marr but this was ridiculous. I made the mistake of wiping a small area of dust with the back of my finger on arrival and it left 3 distinct scratch marks in the clear. This was going to be an enjoyable challenge...

I couldn't bring myself to break out heavy pads and risk creating larger issues that I was already faced with so I opted for the Meguiars Yellow pad off a rotary with Meg's Diamond Cut & 105 where required as I've found that this seems to get a pretty safe removal without too much marring on soft clears. It takes longer but is comfortably safer.

The mini DA made it a lot easier to get deep into the tricky bits, Its the Meg's 4" yellow and it did a great job in there. Thankfully these areas were the cleanest areas on the whole car.

The G220 and our Makita Ordital did a great job of polishing afterwards, Again the Meg's yellow pads and 205 with about 1/2 a dozen new microfibres to ensure no marring. I've never kept a vehicle so clean as I worked my way around it.
    This ones our Grant working with the G220.

Meg's Ultimate Wax seems to suit NZ contitions and we've been getting great results with it so this one was destined for several coats. I perfer the paste version, I'm certain it gives a deeper shine and love working with it.

Engine Shot, We didn't need to do anything in here other than a quick spray wax along the carbon fibre etc... I figure it will get pretty hot in here so I doubt that waxing things up will offer much long term protection.

Interior was handled by the inhouse team and the focus is on keeping it natural although with just about everything Carbon fibre it's a pretty simple wipe over.

While I had the key in my hot little hand all day I wasn't privileged with driving it and was a few levels down in the secure area at the dealership so outdoor aftershots were impossible unfortunately especially with today being a beautiful day for it.
    However...

It's a sexy rear end

Wing Mirrors are moulded directly into the doors

All in all a pretty busy day and a priviledge to work on such an exclusive car. It's travelling to NZ's South Island (a solid days driving and a ferry ride in the middle) to live so I doub't I'll get to be the guy who maintains the finish. To be honest though - with that soft clearcoat I don't envy the dude who gets to do it.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Aston Martin - A rare beauty.

Breathtaking car indeed, and great job.

What is the F1 car next to Aston?

Comment

Wow very nice job and what a beautiful ride!
      Brian's Custom Detailing
      Where detail matters.
      www.brianscustomdetailing.com

Comment

I could stare at that car all day! I love Aston's. Great job and I hope you are the guy who takes care of it on a regular basis. Congrats!
        The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Stunningly beautiful! Awsome job!

On a side note. I can't even emagine what it would cost to replace one of those mirrors! probably more than I make in a year!!
          Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
          "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Thanks guys, I'd hate to think what the wing mirror would cost... I doubt parts would be readily available either.

The F1 looking car is one of the (now mothballed) A1GP International race series cars. The series was running pretty hot until the WW Financial Crisis hit and the NZ team was very competitive. I'm not sure if that's the actual race car or the practice one. Pretty quick with a Ferrari engine though.

Comment

that is one stunning machine!
              Joel
              1976 Cutlass S
              2001 PT Cruiser
              1990 454SS
              Suburban

Comment

i got mindfcuked when i saw the f1 car beside of it. this owner must be one hell of a speedholic
                My Detailing Blog, sharing u my journey..

Comment

where didyou get that mini DA?

Comment

You got to detail a One77?

Wow Astons are my favourite cars and One77's are the best of the best. I'm gobsmacked!

Well done on the detail!
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

perfection up to the last inspection.

Comment

Good Gosh. Crazy, crazy car. I'd be scared to open the door of it, let alone polish it up! LOL! Great job.

Comment

Gorgeous car.
                          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

No words!!!

Comment