• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Hummer H2 Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Hummer H2 Detail

2006 Hummer H2.
    This vehicle is owned by the customer's wife of the Ford F250 I did a year or so back. I actually did another detail to that F250 which I will post later. They had asked for a complete detail on this Hummer, inside and out.

A few before:

Interior Process w/after pictures:

Carpet and mats were vacuumed, dry brushed and vacuumed a second time. Mats were removed, treated with APC Plus and scrubbed, cleaned and extracted with LGM Proheat and Bissell 2X Ultra cleanser. Changed to clean hot water, scrubbed and extracted again. Left in sun to dry.
    Leather seats were cleaned with APC Plus, terry cloth and followed with Mequiars Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. All other surfaces were cleaned with APC Plus and followed with Mequiars Natural Shine.
    Door jams cleaned with APC Plus, water/bug sprayer, various brushes and sealed with Mequiars Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. All rubber treated with Mequiars #40.

Engine Process w/After Pictures:

Pretreated with a combination of Mequiars Super Decreaser (3 to 1), APC (4 to 1) various brushes, pressure washer and rinsed with softwater. Hood mat cleaned with terry cloth and APC, rinsed and treated with Mequairs Tire Foam. Engine and bay treated with Hyper Dressing (4 to 1).

Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Re: 2006 Hummer H2 Detail

Exterior Process w/After Pictures:

Washed with Mequiars Gold Class. Wheels and tires cleaned with Wheel Brightner, APC, Super Degreaser to remove "previous application of gosh knows what" and various brushes. Wheel wells cleaned with APC, dawn dish soap and treated with All Season Dressing.
    Clay with Mequiars Blue Mild Clay with Last Touch as lube. The below picture of the clay is after only 1/4 of the hood. I actually had to use two new sections of clay to complete the entire vehicle.

Completed test spot using the new MF system with D300 and D301. It was the ticket. There were several areas that required the old faithful M105/M205 on the G110V2 for some heavy swirls and scratches. As always, that combo worked wonders.
    I followed this with 2 coats of Black Fire Wet Diamond. For some reason, it really didn't like NXT 2.0. It left a haze and I tried a couple different aplication of NXT to ensure it wasn't my method. I tried one section using the DA G110V2 (set 3) with black finishing pad and then a section by hand. Didn't like either application.

Thanks for looking.
    Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

Comment

nice turn around, the black really shines now!
      Joel
      1976 Cutlass S
      2001 PT Cruiser
      1990 454SS
      Suburban

Comment

Great job Don!!! Looks like a new car! That thing is a beast! How long did it take you?
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Looks amazing Don!

Thanks for sharing.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Very nice Don. All the trim on these things can be a pain, but it turned out great.

Well done!
            Jon's Auto Detailing
            Serving the Pittsburgh, PA area
            JonsAutoDetailing.com

Comment

Very nice finish, Don! Awesome!
              2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
              2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

That looks great dude!

I didn't like NXT 2.0 on darker colored cars, I also got some streaking. I used it up on lighter colored cars.

Have you thought about using a stronger soap for dirty cars like that? Something like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear? The gold stuff imo is for maintenance washes. Give it a try sometime, its cheap soap.
                Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Originally posted by rcktpwrd View Post
                    nice turn around, the black really shines now!
                    Thank you Joel.

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                    Great job Don!!! Looks like a new car! That thing is a beast! How long did it take you?
                    Thanks Marc. Total job took about 26 hours.

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    Looks amazing Don!

Thanks for sharing.
                    Thanks Nick. Coming from a pro like you, it means alot.

Originally posted by jonman03 View Post
                    Very nice Don. All the trim on these things can be a pain, but it turned out great.

Well done!
                    Thank you Jon. It did become a pain with all the small areas to work around. It really became time consuming. Used the 3" MF system quite a bit on this one. Rest of the vehicle got the 5" system. Just wasn't much open space to utilize anything bigger. Might I mention a pretty good amount of hand detail too!

Originally posted by JoeDirt View Post
                    Very nice finish, Don! Awesome!
                    Thank you sir.

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                    That looks great dude!

I didn't like NXT 2.0 on darker colored cars, I also got some streaking. I used it up on lighter colored cars.

Have you thought about using a stronger soap for dirty cars like that? Something like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear? The gold stuff imo is for maintenance washes. Give it a try sometime, its cheap soap.
                    Thank you. I was surprised that this didn't like the NXT. I have used it on dark colors before with supreme results. But on this one it just didn't take. I got to thinking later after the vehicle was picked up that "maybe" the NXT had a conflict with the D301. I really can't imagine that being the case, but it did enter my mind.
                    As for a stronger soap, most times if I'm doing a heavy detail I will use something like a dish soap to really strip the paint of dirt, old wax buildup or other matter. I have never used Chemical Guys products. I am, however, open to try new things. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by aris View Post
                    Awesome work
                    Thank you sir!!
                    Don

Comment

Great work ! This Hummer really looks like a new one on the pictures.

Comment

That's a lot of real estate to cover, nice work!

Comment

Nice work Don!

I did one of those once....never again. It's too big and I'm too old.
                          -Bob
                          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by PursuitSE View Post
                            Great work ! This Hummer really looks like a new one on the pictures.
                            Thanks. I appreciate it.

Originally posted by CHzo6 View Post
                            That's a lot of real estate to cover, nice work!
                            Yes there is alot there. As mentioned, I used the 3" MF system quite a bit on this detail. Thanks for the comment.

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                            Nice work Don!

I did one of those once....never again. It's too big and I'm too old.
                            Thanks Bob. I'll let you in on a secret....next one (IF there is one) will certainly be quoted differently than this one. Don't misunderstand me, I quoted it fairly and was compensated fairly (for my quote), but learned ALOT from doing this detail. As I have said before, I learn something on EVERY detail. Whether that be technique(s) or just plain "oh man, what did I get into".
                            Don

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');