• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Microfiber System....Chevy Nomad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DA Microfiber System....Chevy Nomad...

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
    Colin, nomads are getting very hard to find, period, much less in decent shape. SO yes it is somewhat rare.

Nice work Nick. The owner got good money, I wouldn't buy that car for any more than 40k. I just don't see 150k anywhere.
    I don't know anything about the history of this car, or anything that would make it rare aside from just not being able to find them very much anymore. So the $150k seems a little(actually quite a bit) far fetched to me also, but it was an auction, and we all know anything can happen at an auction. All you need is two people that absolutely HAVE to have that car in order to bring the price up like this.

But as far as the history to make this car worth more than my house, I just can't answer that

Sorry
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Yeah, i've been to some high end places, and it is true. Kind of like selling a car out right. I've gotten way too much for a couple of my sports cars, because I knew someone out there would pay it.

But yeah, other than rarity those cars usually don't ever bring that kind of cash. As rare as they are, a guy down the road has 3 of them lol. I played baseball with his kids and went to school with them, one of them has been is daily driver for over 15 years.
      My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks great, only change I'd make it to make it something other than black.. (personal choice though).
        2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

awesome work, looked some heavy marks in there

Comment

Awesome work Nick - and beautiful car!!

(Probably not $150k worth of beautiful though)
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

You sir are "RICH" in that you have the talent to turn out such a great result. Stunning.

Comment

Nice job on the 55. Nick.
                Brian

Comment

Wow Nick- that's incredible... I do hope you got some nice (monetary) credit for obviously helping the sale...
                  2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                  2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
                    Colin, nomads are getting very hard to find, period, much less in decent shape. SO yes it is somewhat rare.

Nice work Nick. The owner got good money, I wouldn't buy that car for any more than 40k. I just don't see 150k anywhere.
                    Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                    I don't know anything about the history of this car, or anything that would make it rare aside from just not being able to find them very much anymore. So the $150k seems a little(actually quite a bit) far fetched to me also, but it was an auction, and we all know anything can happen at an auction. All you need is two people that absolutely HAVE to have that car in order to bring the price up like this.

But as far as the history to make this car worth more than my house, I just can't answer that

Sorry
                    Thanks, guys. I was just curious. I wonder if the owner thought it would ever bring that much money. I can only imagine what the owner was doing when the auctioneer yeld out, "SOLD for $150,000!"

Colin
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I love your work Nick, And thanks for the tips on the Maserati GT. Was the Paint on the Chevy Single Stage or Clear Coated? And what products/pads did you use New MF Correction System)?
                      Philip Miranda
                      Miranda Mobile Auto Spa

Comment

Forget my last Question. I just realized the threads NAME "DA Microfiber System....Chevy Nomad..." Duh!
                        Philip Miranda
                        Miranda Mobile Auto Spa

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');