• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kman Detail...'01 Tahoe. DA Microfiber System topped with Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kman Detail...'01 Tahoe. DA Microfiber System topped with Ultimate Wax

Just finished. Super tired. I must say the DA Microfiber system is amazing but the Ultimate wax once I figured out how to apply it blew me away.

2001 Tahoe. Never been clay bared or really ever waxed. Scratches have accumulated over the last 10 years.

Process:
    - Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner on Wheels
    - Wash with Ultimate Wash & Wax
    - Clay barred
    - DA Microfiber system D300 on speed setting 5.5 with G100
    - Ultimate Wax on 9006 pad on speed setting 3 with G100
    - Scratch X on inside of door handles
    - Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating
    - Ultimate Protectant on all black trim
    - Stoner's Invisible Glass on windows

Test spot on hood:

Took me longer than I thought to do the whole car but it needed it badly.

While the paint looks good, it's just because it is white. It was hard to get the camera to focus on the swirls, more so than a dark colored vehicle.

Before:

Test spot with the DA Microfiber system. Cutting pad and D300 on a G100 speed setting 5.5. Keep in mind this was the first panel I ever did with this system.

After one pass:

I rocked and rolled. I did the passenger front fender, hood, driver front fender, driver door, passenger door, and rear drivers fender before I called it a night and went to sleep.

Three different neighbors came over, drank some beer and watched me. They were just as amazed as I was at how well the DA Microfiber system was kicking butt!

Woke up this morning and knocked out the rest of the vehicle. The roof was no fun!

Before:

After:

There was no need for the D301 finishing wax. I had NO hazing and the paint was as smooth as glass. The Ultimate Wax had a learning curve. Needed to be shaken very well and applied extremely thin. It was impossible to see where the wax was as it doesn't turn white. You could see the nice layering in the sun. Did the whole car in 15 minutes. Removal made waxing cars fun again. Came off EXTREMELY easy with zero effort.

Look at that reflection! Even on white paint. All done!

Swirls be gone!

Thanks for looking!
    /Keith
    2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Re: Kman Detail...'01 Tahoe. DA Microfiber System topped with Ultimate Wax

Very nice for a first time with the new system. I hope mine turns out as well.

Comment

You should try it out on a black car.
      2002 Black Trans Am Firehawk M6 #1335
      1 of 318
      343rwhp / 354rwtq

Comment

Nice job! White paint can be fun to work on since it's so easy to see how dirty it was before.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Great job.

D300 finished really nicely on your paint. There was no need for step 2.
          And G100 handled the compounding without any problems with slightly increased speed.

Thanks for sharing your experience with DA MF System.

Comment

Thanks! Very hard to tell the Tahoe has 140k miles since it looks so good. I did the engine bay and interior a few weeks ago.

Here is how it turned out:

Again, thanks for looking.
            /Keith
            2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

nice led tails and headlight.
              1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5

Comment

Great job! The white paint really pops.

Comment

Originally posted by MortalDays View Post
                  nice led tails and headlight.
                  Good eye, thanks.

The cutoff with HID's is great. The cutoff looks low because the driveway slops down.

Here is a video of my LED tails. The right tail looks dimmer because the camera is not in the center of the car, rather farther left so the LEDs on the right reflection appears to be dimmer. It's not in real life.

Installed these LED tail lights made by Sonar on my 2001 Chevy Tahoe. These are the red smoked model. Picked them up on eBay for $98 plus $27 shipping. The l...
                  /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Nice job , that tahoe looks immaculate

Comment

Uh oh. I see swirls on that very last pic.....

J/K. Great job on that engine bay.
                      Tedrow's Detailing
                      845-642-1698
                      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Kman View Post
                        Good eye, thanks.

The cutoff with HID's is great. The cutoff looks low because the driveway slops down.

Here is a video of my LED tails. The right tail looks dimmer because the camera is not in the center of the car, rather farther left so the LEDs on the right reflection appears to be dimmer. It's not in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK5sFCzNaLw
                        Meguiars make fantastic products especially the new Liquid Wax.

Your HIDs are definitely really bright and they bring great cosmetic upgraded look even when not using them in daylight comparing to the stock ones. I did a LED tails upgrade myself a few weeks ago; LEDs look the best!

1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                          Uh oh. I see swirls on that very last pic.....

J/K. Great job on that engine bay.
                          If you look at the picture of my HID cutoff I posted you can see how bad the swirls were on the hood. I took that pic a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by MortalDays View Post
                          Meguiars make fantastic products especially the new Liquid Wax.

Your HIDs are definitely really bright and they bring great cosmetic upgraded look even when not using them in daylight comparing to the stock ones. I did a LED tails upgrade myself a few weeks ago; LEDs look the best!

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...ays/After5.png
                          That looks great!
                          /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Nice turnaround!

Comment

I cannot believe you applied the wax to the whole truck in 15 min, that seems really fast imo.

Have you tried spraying the hood with a water hose, just a stream of water, and see if the hood beads or anything. It is a very strange that is happening.
                              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');