• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Black Honda Civic---Redefining the cleaning ability of rinseless washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Black Honda Civic---Redefining the cleaning ability of rinseless washing

I have had these pictures in my gallery for some time now but I forgot to post them so I will do it now. Some of you have seen the other washes I have done with rinseless washes when the cars are supposedly too dirty. Croftgate USA Rinseless Wash and Wax changes how dirty a car can really be!

Let me just say that most of my stuff is Meguiars but Meguiars doesn't make a rinseless wash so......

But, proper technique is also needed to accomplish this task.

Materials needed:
    1)Croftgate USA Wash and Wax
    2)2-gallon bucket
    3)12 microfiber towels

This was my car when I did it on December 21. Dirty enough for you?

That represents about 3 weeks worth of road salt and muck and grime. Would you go ahead and wash this using a rinseless wash? If you did, would you first blast the car down with some water?

Using the technique I will describe, with the product I am using, it is not necessary to blast the car down before starting.

Croftgate USA Rinseless Wash and Wax has an adjustable dilution ratio meaning you adjust the dilution ratio depending on the amount of filth you need to clean through. In this circumstance, I used the highest recommended dilution ratio of 1 oz. to 1 gallon of water.

I did not take pictures of the process because I did not know that I would be finding using this technique. I developed it because the microfiber towel was grabbing too much without this technique.

You start by soaking your microfiber towel in the rinseless wash solution and thenvery gently, squeezing out some of the water. Proceed to fold it as you would when using it to wipe off polish, wax, etc. (Fold it in half twice) Due to the amout of filth, you want he towel to be soaked/heavy with water and still dripping a little. This will allow all of the detergents, cleaners and polymers to effectively break down the salt on the car.

Next, blot the section you want to clean with the soaked towel. This puts the solution onto the car and allows it to start emulsifying the dirt before you start wiping with the microfiber. Why not spray the solution onto the car? You can but I want to use as few items as possible to accomplish the job since I will be using this as a mobile detailer. The less items I have to bring the better.

Next, turn the towel over and use a clean side to wipe the blotted area in straight lines until the whole ara has been wiped. You want to wipe in straight lines to reduce the potential to inflict swirls into the finish.

Next, place the towel back into the bucket and grab 2 microfiber towels. Use the first towel to absorb most of the wash solution and use the second towel to clean up any solution still on the surface. The use of 2 towels helps prevent streaking makes the process more efficient. Trying to all of this with one towel will casue you to have to chase any streakes created by the damp towel.

Next, clean the towel in the bucket by unfolding it and taking the towel out of the bucket and dunking it back in. This will allow any dirt to run out and into the rinseless wash.

Notice how I never mentioned using a Grit Guard. I have found this product to suspend the dirt so well that a Grit Guard is not necessary. You can use it if you want but you don't have to. Plus, I only use 1 gallon of water which would not cover the Grit Guard in a 5 gallon bucket. This is why I use a 2 gallon bucket with no Grit Guard.

Now for the afters!

For those of you who read the thread, those straight line scratches are from: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...many-pics.html . Like I said in the thread, that process was not perfect and you can see it here.

Nothing special about cleaning the tire and wheel. Used some APC and Croftgate USA Tire Shine. I did not clean the wheels wells because we were expecting snow a few days after I did this wash so they were going to get filthy again.

Thanks for viewing!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: 2010 Black Honda Civic---Redefining the cleaning ability of rinseless washing

Car looks nice.

Good for you on finding a process that works for your vehicles.

Although on a client's vehicle I would be forced to clean/dress the wheelwells & and the painted portions of the underside that face the road.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Re: 2010 Black Honda Civic---Redefining the cleaning ability of rinseless washing

I enjoyed teh write-up. Is there any advantage over ONR solution or are they about equal?
      My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
        I enjoyed teh write-up. Is there any advantage over ONR solution or are they about equal?
        The Wash and Wax is a bit thicker than ONR which allows it to remain on the surface longer to help emulsify the dirt. That's the only reason I was able to accomplish this. ONR is also very good and is quite a bit easier to wipe off in the cold weather than the Wash and Wax. I also feel like ONR leaves a little bit slicker finish than Wash and Wax.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info! It is likely nothing I will try in the near future because of where I live and how dirty my car gets. But eventually, I would like to switch to ONR or the like.
          My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
            Cool, thanks for the info! It is likely nothing I will try in the near future because of where I live and how dirty my car gets. But eventually, I would like to switch to ONR or the like.
            Can't go wrong with either one!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');