• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightroom Shots from my Detailing Studio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom Shots from my Detailing Studio!

Hello everyone!

Been a forum member here a while back but got a little caught up with work for a period of time. Thought I'd pop by and share some photos taken recently. I had just built a brand new state-of-the-art detailing studio to accommodate the volume of cars that we detail here in Malaysia. And as with detailing, there are constantly cars being detailed on overlapping schedules. It's been a blast putting together a detailer's wish-list for the perfect batcave.
    As I am also a keen photographer, part of the items on the list was for a photography light-room(which doubles as an inspection room for LSP streaks, smears and what-nots). Those of you who have known me from years back would be familiar with the photos I took outside my previous detailing garage and shared on Flickr here.

Here's the first right-hand drive Mercedes Benz AMG SLS in the world. Had to keep it till now because of a previous press embargo. Glad to share it now, enjoy the shots!

"Detailing is as much an art as it is a science"
    www.autodetailer.co

Re: Lightroom Shots from my Detailing Studio!

What a fantastic looking ride.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I checked out a few of your YouTube videos. Water is truly scared to death to stay on those cars!

Was that a battery powered buffer in the photo with your(?) great looking children?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Great shots macdude! Love the rear end of that car!

Comment

Unbelievable shots! Any behind-the-scenes pics of how that light room is set up, by chance? I'd be curious to see what you're using.

Comment

High End Shop indeed. Major drool!!!
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

man that is one beautiful car! can't believe that was in your studio!

Comment

Now THAT'S a detailing shop!!!!!!

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                  I checked out a few of your YouTube videos. Water is truly scared to death to stay on those cars!

Was that a battery powered buffer in the photo with your(?) great looking children?
                  Thanks ya'll for the kind words

@wifpd4: It's an air-powered Mirka sander for our 6" Abralon discs. We've equipped each of our detailing bays(we have 25 of them) with retractable hose-reels for efficient work-flow. You can find out more about the air-tools here

And yes those are my kids! I have three wonderful children and they're my constant inspiration. Isabelle my 2-yr old is in the foreground and Ezekiel my 3-yr-old is in the background. Alyssa my 4-month old toddler isn't in this photo *hehe* They were playing(or should I say working?) in my studio a few weeks back and as you can see they've got matching detailing uniforms! So I grabbed my camera and snapped these. I have my wife to thank as it sure is easier to shoot cars than hyper-active kids

www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Originally posted by DetailFreak517 View Post
                    Unbelievable shots! Any behind-the-scenes pics of how that light room is set up, by chance? I'd be curious to see what you're using.

It's essentially powered by a massive custom-engineered lightbox which diffuses the 400 fluoro tubes and is cooled with a bank of 10 fans. The entire studio was built from the ground up as an automotive lightroom. The flooring is fire-resistant polyurethane and the fillet walls redirect lighting back-up. Very simple concept actually *hehe*

And if you're wondering why such an elaborate setup, it's because I juggle two jobs and shoot professionally as a commercial photographer for companies like BMW, Honda, Renault, etc... And for the most part I create custom-made photo albums for private clients to showcase their supercars. My photography website is here. Part of my pre-requisites for shoots is that the cars have to be detailed by us before I shoot them so that they're nothing short of perfect when the shutters click. I thank the Lord that I've been really blessed to be able to combine two of my passions as a job...
                    www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Just incredible. It seem you surely have no shortage of cars to detail.

Comment

Amazing! That setup and those cars would make anyone here envious.

Well done mate
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Quite immaculate indeed.

That has to be one of the sexiest Mercedes I have every seen as well.
                          Matt

Comment

Thanks guys Here's a rare beauty. The classic Ford GT40. This is the only one in our country and was custom-built in South Africa as a kit. It has participated in a bunch of classic car races on our local circuits. There's just something about the contrasting Gulf colors I tell ya! *hehe*

www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Congrats to Macdude

Be bless always
                              it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');