• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrari 458 Italia: Full wet sand and detail in South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferrari 458 Italia: Full wet sand and detail in South Florida

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Amazing work on the car Todd! Honestly though, since your work is always great, I must say I was more impressed with the amount of time you spent in the write up. Clearly you have made it THE most informative and educational before and after write up to date.
    Gotta second that! Best write-up and detail I have ever seen here or on Autopia......and that's almost 6 years worth of posts!
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Absolutely amazing. A fascinating write-up and stunning work.

Comment

Awesome, congrats.

Comment

Wow - now that is a write-up! Very impressive work. What an excellent job of documenting the entire process and providing paint thickness measurements when complete. That simply inspires confidence in your customers. Fantastic!

Comment

Wow!!! WET! HOT! SHINY!!!

Todd amazing job and transformation! Not only you spent a lot of time detailing the beautiful car but you also did an amazing write up! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm speechless...

Mike Pennington
              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
              Meguiar's, Inc.
              800-854-8073
              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

That's just crazy. Top notch work on both the car and also the writeup, Todd.
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

I bet the write up took longer than the actual job. Both are top notch. Awsome work!

TODD YOU DA MAN!!
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

OMG Todd, that is THE best write up and THE best workmanship on (IMO) THE most beautiful Ferrari ever!

We have a winner!

It was a refreshing change to see that no product names were mentioned - you kept it all about the technique/process/results and the gorgeous car.

Well done!
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Innovative Detailing View Post
                      Total Perfection!!!

Awesome write up, very well done!

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Originally posted by Joenok View Post
                      What can I say.... This is just so amazing. I`m lost for words.
                      Todd Helme, detailing virtuoso!
                      Thanks Joe!

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      Words escape me. What tremendous work. Fantastic write up also. Magnificent.
                      I appreciate you taking your time to compliment me. Thank you!

Originally posted by Notorious View Post
                      Great Work , Sir can you list out that which product is usedfor which step.

Thanks
                      Notorious I hadn't planned on doing a list, but if you have any questions you can PM me or post them here and I would be glad to answer them.
                      I can tell you that I used a ginormous number of millions of SMAT abrasives (14 ounces of M105 was used) as well 10 3000 grit UniGrit Finishing Disks, 5 1500 Sanding Disks, and an uncountable number of sanding papers...

Originally posted by VMP View Post
                      The Best write up I saw and amazing work WOW
                      Thank you very much!

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
                      That Ferrari looks so sexy, especially about the job is done. Exceptional job guys!
                      Thank you EPHIOS!

Originally posted by John Keeling View Post
                      Wow! That is great work!
                      It was a pleasure to do, thank you John!

Originally posted by zaugustra View Post
                      Thank you for you detail.
                      Thank you for reading!

Originally posted by aris View Post
                      Excellent work.

Thank you aris!

Originally posted by KC's View Post
                      ma ma mia buddy
                      Ma ma mia

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                      Amazing work on the car Todd! Honestly though, since your work is always great, I must say I was more impressed with the amount of time you spent in the write up. Clearly you have made it THE most informative and educational before and after write up to date.

I'm still a complete newb with Adobe Illustrator, but I can still imagine how long it took to get the amount of detail you have in some of those illustrations. I especially like the one showing the orange peel texture along with the subsequent steps.

My hats off to you bro!

Rasky
                      Thanks Chad in so many ways. I love doing the charts and graphics (or at least the challenge of it). If I could go back in time I think I would have studied graphic art instead.
                      Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Awesome job on the Italia with an equally incredible write-up!

Thanks for sharing!
                        Andy W.
                        Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                        Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Great job Todd and an even greater article written in style!
                          "Detailing is as much an art as it is a science"
                          www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Amazing, Amazing attention to detail in every way possible. Both on the car and in the illustrated write up which was a great joy to read. Great job.
                            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Amazing work Todd!

This should come with a note that says "do not try this at home".....cause you really need to know what you are doing. This is as good as it gets.

What's a bit of a shame is that a high end car like this comes with that poor of a paint job. Fortunately, there are pros like Todd around.
                              -Bob
                              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Wow. This is an awesome job! I really need to take the Advanced class at Meguiar's to learn how to do this kind of job.
                                2017 Honda CR-V

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');