• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20years old black Mercedes Benz - never corrected original paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20years old black Mercedes Benz - never corrected original paint

After testing in last year on crashed door and my own cars I finaly offered my detailing arsenal to one of my friends

His car is aproximately 20 years old Mercedes Benz with original paint that was never corrected, only touched with some low-cost wax once per year. Last few years were signed in paint by swirls from car wash and slight oxidation from sun and acid rain - paint color was turned to almost grey from original black metallic paint... So I tested for a while process that can correct almost all defects on the surface and restore fine gloss and deep black color... ultimate ask for beginner ...but not with many hours spent on MOL

The first I tested was M83 + Polishing Pad... after two passes there was 60% of deffects removed... due to time pressure and this result I turned to M85+wool pad - 95% removed very fast with supreme gloss. To support gloss and take some oils in paint that will be neccessary to extend durability of perfect look I finaly made one extra pass with M80 and Polishing pad. M21 finalized perfect result that made my friend say "whau" at 10 PM when I finished

So final procedure:
    Last Touch + Clay
    M85 + Wool Pad + Makita 9227CB
    M80 + Polishing Pad + Makita 9227CB
    M21 + Finishing Pad + G220

3,5 hours total work time

...every comment is welcome for my next work and other MOL members

Thanks for viewing!

George

Re: 20years old black Mercedes Benz - never corrected original paint

Looks nice....to bad you didn't have any before pics

Comment

Looks great. Very nice work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sharp looking old Merc. Do you have any before pictures?
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Beautiful work. That is a very nice Benz.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

You did all of that work in 3.5 hours??? Or am I reading that incorrectly?
            Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
            Houston Area Mobile Detailing
            www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Lookin' good. No before pics?
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
                You did all of that work in 3.5 hours??? Or am I reading that incorrectly?
                Yes, 3.5 clear working hours + 0.5 hour cofee and cigar with owner after my work was finished :-) ...but non-stop working and one sweaty shirt because I started at 5PM :-)

I spent most time with M85 and wool pad, M80 and M21 including curing time was very fast

I have some before pictures, unfortunately with fired flash and EV +2/3 set from last weekend by my father on this camera - pretty overexposed. During after pictures I switched off flash , thanks for Panasonic stabilized optics pictures are looking quite fine.

My first detailing pictures - sorry for that

I will try to manage some exposure correction in Photoshop, maybe it can show before paint condition

But thanks for all for any comments again!

Comment

Fantastic job!!!

Comment

3,5 hours?
                    Next time, shoot it on cam and play it for us in slow motion so that we can see what you are doing

Good looking old Benz.
                    Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                    Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                    00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

For a 20 year old car, it still looks good.

Comment

I would've really needed to see some before pictures and some better after shots to see how that work was done and the quality of it in 3.5 hours, because that is an amazingly short period of time for exterior correction.

From what I can see, the car looks pretty good though.
                        Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                        Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                        www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

great turn out! i have a job simliar to that very soon for my first project. i hope it turns out like yours!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

3.5 hours for a 3 step correction seems way too quick.

Car looks good in the garage - would have liked to see some full sun shots though. Have you inspected it in direct sunlight?
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');