• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Subaru Impreza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Subaru Impreza

2 years worth of paint abuse, I'm assuming running through automatic carwashes and improper hand washes, but it cleaned up well!

Process:
    -washed down with ONR
    -Meguiar's Mild clay and Last Touch as lubricant
    -Menzerna SIP on Flex DA for paint correction
    -Waxed with Meguiar's #26

Before (Hood):

50/50 (Hood):

After (Hood):

Before (Fender):

After (Fender):

All Cleaned Up:

Thanks for looking,
    Rafal

Re: 2008 Subaru Impreza

Looks amazing. Very nice job.

I recently purchased a 2010 Impreza and absolutely love it. Great car and I'm getting 35 mpg. Far better than the 14 mpg my Range Rover returns.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Looks amazing! Great job.
      John Keeling
      Meguiar's Customer Care
      800.854.8073 x113

Comment

Great job! Looks great! I thought you had to follow up SIP with a milder polish like 106FF or 85RD esp on black but you've proven this otherwise!
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Great job Rafal, it looks amazing.

Comment

Great job. The reflections are outstanding! The paint looks wet. way to go.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
              Great job! Looks great! I thought you had to follow up SIP with a milder polish like 106FF or 85RD esp on black but you've proven this otherwise!
              it varies paint by paint, but on this particular model we used a higher speed at first, and then backed off a little bit. This way we were able to achieve paint correction with the higher speed, and then bring back the lost gloss with the slower speed, all using one product and without the need of a large amount of passes...

on a side note, there were instances when I was able to use the SIP on a rotary and achieve the same results and went straight to a LSP.

Rafal

Comment

Very nice work and results.

Comment

Nice job! just recently I traded off a "boutique" wax and I find #26 under-rated and every bit as good or if not better than those that cost alot more.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');