• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambulance Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambulance Detail

Hey everyone!

It's been quite a while since I've posted any details up here. Been very busy at work and the young one has kept me on my toes so I haven't been able to do much this year.

As in the previous ambulance detail, this one was pretty quick but it went over the span of 3 weeks. Between running calls, paperwork, and station duties I was able to squeeze in at least 3 hours a day to a section or two.
    I wasn't looking for any major paint correction since it is after all an ambulance and keeping the paint at least 90% swirl and scratch free is the same as keeping a black car participating in a demolition derby free from dents and dings!!

Other then that, the rig is already in decent shape as I try to keep up on it as best as I can. The diamond plating was in pretty bad shape, dull hardly any reflections. The Mag & Aluminum Polish w/ Mothers Powerball took care of it with pretty good results.

Process:
    Bug and Tar remover which there was plenty of!
    Purple Power for the tires and wheel wells.
    Spot clay for what the Bug and Tar remover didn't get.
    Mag & Aluminum Polish for the diamond plating and grill lights/siren housing/fuel area.
    SwirlX to clean up the paint, thin out swirls, and scratches.
    UP for the trim, grill, bumper, and bumper blocks.
    NXT 2.0 one coat, second goes on next week.
    Finally GC Endurance for the tires.

No before picks of the paint, I was pretty crunched for time.

Not even 10 seconds after snapping this pick we got a call, even though the weather was overcast, it's better then snapping pics inside.

Our safety monkey to keep folks from hitting the back wall.....which still happens!

A few "Action Shots".

Where Superior Shine when you need him!

That'll buff out! As serious as it looks, everyone walked away, a few went to the hospital to be on the "safe side".

Thanks for looking everyone! I'll get some better shots next week hopefully.
    For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Re: Ambulance Detail

Wow, great work.

I bet its cool to see the whole ambulance beading water.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Looks fantastic. Great work.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes Nick, when it rains it beads like no other. I especially love it when we pull up to the hospital next to a rig that doesn't get the TLC as our two does!
        For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Comment

If I am ever in need of an Ambulance, I want you guys to come get me. Just put a rag of nuba over my nose and I will come to

Great Work

Comment

So do the firefighters get distracted by the shininess when you arrive on scene?
            Black on Black - 2007 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4x4
            Personalized Detailing

Comment

Looks good. Nice to take pride in your rig.

Comment

Quality work on a rig that often goes unloved. Way to go!

Comment

They see me rollin...

Nice job!
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Excellent work. It all looks great.
                    Don
                    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

A big thanks everyone!

Flash, I think you'd be waiting for quite a while for us to show up...I'd say at least 8 to 10 hours running hot! Plus we'd have stop and re-detail it to get rid of the bugs and road junk LOL! But we'd get there....eventually!

ca2kjet, They're usually busy but some will comment when they come over for rehab. For the most part they do keep their apparatus pretty nice looking.......not nearly as good as mine but good enough not to be considered shameful!

Thank you bill! I firmly believe that taking pride in yourself, equipment, and rigs are just important for the patient as the care we give them. Seeing and being inside a clean ambulance can put a patient at ease and comfort knowing that they are in good hands.

agp56, I couldn't say it any better. The majority of the rigs out this way go unloved. They don't get detailed other then a coat of wax every year or longer. Some trucks are ran 24/7 so washing n waxing the rigs are washed maybe once a week, can't blame the providers as often they're out and about from the time they punch in 'till they punch out.

Ciera, I wish they see me rolling! It never ceases to amaze me when people don't pull over for us when were running hot.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');