• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 Volkswagon Jetta, 11' Venza, Malibu Wake Setter, '10 Sierra Z-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Volkswagon Jetta, 11' Venza, Malibu Wake Setter, '10 Sierra Z-71

2006 Volkswagon Jetta, 90k miles.

A good cleanup and some protection was in order.

This one went fast, 4.5 hours to be exact.

A few befores:

I cleaned the wheels, tires, and wells with All Purpose Cleaner and then foamed them up with Deep Crystal Car Wash, scrubbed, and rinsed.

I then did a complete pressure wash of the entire vehicle.

I then foamed the vehicle down with several oz of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and NXT Generation Car Wash.

The bugs were pressure washed off, my choice of wash media was a Meguiars wash mitt.

After the vehicle was washed I did another pressure wash rinse, then sheeted the water, and finally dried it with my Water Magnets.

I did a dry brush and a vac on the interior.

All hard surfaces and leather were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner, cotton towels, and various detailing brushes. Then dressed with Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. The leather was dressed with Gold Class Rich Leather Spray .

All cracks and crevices were cleaned out.

The door and trunk jambs were cleaned out with All Purpose Cleaner.

The exterior of the car was lightly clayed with Detailing Clay (Mild) and Last Touch Spray Detailer at 1:1.

I then applied some #20 - Polymer Sealant with my PC at speed 3.

Tires and fender wells were dressed with #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner.

All glass was wiped clean and streak free inside and out with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 1:1.

================================

2011 Toyota Venza, I believe it has a little over 5k miles.

Client wanted a one step polish and sealant.

It was just about brand new so it may not of needed to be polished but I was pretty sure M205 would amp up the gloss and clarity.

A before shot.

I cleaned the wheels, tires, and wells with Deep Crystal Car Wash in my foam gun, then agitated and rinsed.

I foamed the entire vehicle with several oz of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and a couple oz of Super Soap. Agitated, rinsed, then dried with my Water Magnets.

I lightly clayed the paint with Detailing Clay (Mild) and Last Touch Spray Detailer at 1:1.

I did a one step polish with #205 - Ultra Finishing Polish and my G110 on speed 5, using several W9207 pads.

I sealed the paint with #20 - Polymer Sealant using my PC at speed 3.

I dressed the tires with #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner, wells were dressed with Hyper-Dressing and the wheels were sealed with #135 - Synthetic Spray Detailer.

The motor was wiped down with a damp cotton cloth.

All door, trunk and engine jambs were wiped out with Last Touch Spray Detailer.

The interior was given a vac and wipedown with Quik Interior Detailer.

The exhaust pipes and windows were wiped down clean and streak free with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1.

==========================================

Malibu Wake Setter, a little over a year old I think.

The client is still battling the hard water spots on his black boat.

According to the client, Indiana's water is extremely hard and has created very bad water spots on his boat.

Usually a good wash eliminates some of them but the gelcoat does need a deep cleaning for 100% removal.

Our plan in the near future is to polish it with either #67 or #49 and seal it with multiple coats of Flagship. Most likely at the end of September or start of October.

The boat needs good protection in order to prevent future water spots, and possibly may need to be wiped down after it exits the water.

I think the owner is going to get rid of it in a less than two years so this ordeal will be shortlived.

Some befores:

I rinsed the boat off then foamed it down with some Boat Wash, then agitated and then rinsed.

The wheels and tires were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner and various brushes.

I then rinsed the boat off, then dried it with several Water Magnets.

I applied some #50 - One Step Cleaner/Wax with my PC at speed 4, this did work to break down some of the water spots. I did work the product in very well.

Tires were dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

Glass was cleaned inside and out with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1.

Inside was given a good wipedown with Quik Interior Detailer followed by a dry brush and vac.

The boat looks much better, but still needs a deep cleaning in some areas.

The Sierra was pretty dirty, and the client wanted it cleaned up as well.

I cleaned the wheels, tires, and wells with All Purpose Cleaner and various brushes. Then foamed them up with Deep Crystal Car Wash, agitated, then rinsed.

I rinsed down the truck really well, and foamed the truck down section by section with several oz of Shampoo Plus and NXT Generation Car Wash.

As usual I apply some solution to my bucket of water with my grit guard inserted.

I agitated with a Meguiars wash mitt and then rinsed.

I then pulled the truck in the garage and dried it off with some Water Magnets.

I applied some #135 - Synthetic Spray Detailer to the paint and wheels.

Tires and wells dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

The interior was given a quick vac and wipedown with Quik Interior Detailer.

All glass was cleaned inside and out with Glass Cleaner Concentrate
    at 10:1.

All the jambs were wiped out with Last Touch Spray Detailer .

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 06 Volkswagon Jetta, 11' Venza, Malibu Wake Setter, 10' Sierra

As always... fantastic work! I love the instrument cluster on that boat.

Nick, how do you find the look of Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant vs. Quik Interior Detailer? Does the Natural Shine Protectant look "greasy" compared to Quik Detailer? Being Quik Detailer has some UV protection and offers cleaning, why would you go the APC and Quik Detailer route? Is it a "look" you are going for or the added UV protection?

Comment

WOW some busy days there huh Nick? But as always...
      Don
      "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Nick, fantastic work as always. They all look great. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great Work

Comment

Lookin good on all accounts
            Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
            Houston Area Mobile Detailing
            www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Great job on all the details Nick!!!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                As always... fantastic work! I love the instrument cluster on that boat.

Nick, how do you find the look of Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant vs. Quik Interior Detailer? Does the Natural Shine Protectant look "greasy" compared to Quik Detailer? Being Quik Detailer has some UV protection and offers cleaning, why would you go the APC and Quik Detailer route? Is it a "look" you are going for or the added UV protection?
                Thanks Bill.

The Natural Shine does not offer so much of a greasy look, but you can tell it has been dressed with something.

Also, NS has more UV protection than QID.

I like using QID as a dressing because it offers a clean, matte, and original look. Which is a look I really like.

The QID does offer some UV protection so that is definitly a benefit.

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
                WOW some busy days there huh Nick? But as always...
                Thanks Don.

The boat and truck were from 6:00am to 8:00pm.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                Nick, fantastic work as always. They all look great. Way to go.
                Thank you.

Originally posted by CWilliams4296 View Post
                Great Work
                Thanks.

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
                Lookin good on all accounts
                Thanks!

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                Great job on all the details Nick!!!
                Thank you!
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

Wow! these all look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad7 View Post
                    Wow! these all look awesome!
                    Thanks.
                    Nick
                    815-954-0773

Comment

Nice work, very well done!
                      David M. Sylican
                      Innovative Detailing
                      Headlight Lens Restoral
                      Detailing Caddy
                      Join us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');