• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't take a pic but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't take a pic but....

Busy summer, I just had to pass this along to someone.

Got a phone call to detail a Rolls Royce and an Escalade. "Sure; name please and where are you located?" "Jeff," he replies and gives an address. "Ok, be there at 2pm, see you then, thank you."
    I arrive, outside is a jaw-dropping black, brand-new 2010 Rolls Royce 4 door and a new black Escalade. Mmmm. I knock on the door, and out walks....

JEFF GORDON!
    Last edited by Michael Stoops; Aug 30, 2010, 08:32 AM. Reason: Removed address for privacy

Re: I didn't take a pic but....

You're joking us right? THATS INSANE!! It's amazing when celebrities call you ain't it?
    "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.
    When Barry gives you Meguiar's, you get one HECK OF A SHINE!"

Comment

Which one had more dealer instilled swirls?

No pictures, but any autographs?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Wow, Lucky ! Can't wait to see your write up on the rolls

Comment

The Roller had under 1,000 miles and only had road film. He did show me some scrapes on RH door and edge of fender from a toll booth. Eeek, white scuffs about 6 inches long and 4 inches tall on a PERFECTLY FLAWLESS $450,000 black car. Now, some folks woulda compounded it; I summed-up the situation and rubbed it w/ a fresh bounty and brake cleaner. VIOLA! Its gone! A little glaze polish to pick it up on just the door panel. Hosed the car, wiped it w/ a big wet lambswool mitt, then dried w/ a big soft bath towel, followed-up by a nice big waffle-weave micro-fibre, and it was totally perfect. Perfect, not 1 streak anywhere.
          There were NO swirls. in fact, I would rate the paint a PERFECT 10+.
          Inside, some suntan lotion marks, a little soap and water, all fixed. A hit w/ a dustbuster on the MINK floor mats (yes, mink) and she was good to go.
          Popped the hood, very sharp V-12 engine compartment. I asked him if its got punch, he said "Oh yeah!"
          It was like the biggest suprise of my life, like candid camera, I was knocked-out meeting him by suprise.
          He was very happy w/ the job. He said the last time he was here, he went to the Southampton car wash. Before he could say anything else, I interjected, "I'm sorry to hear that" and he said "oh yeah, it wasn't too good an experiance".
          I've been all smiles ever since, what a hoot!
          Last edited by Michael Stoops; Aug 30, 2010, 08:33 AM. Reason: language

Comment

You should offer to detail the race car. Tell him a nice coat of NXT is good for 1-2 mph at Talladega

Comment

Lucky you. Bet they were a blast to detail. Were you kinda nervous?
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

piece-o-cake

Comment

Originally posted by DetailArtist View Post
                  " I summed-up the situation and rubbed it w/ a fresh bounty and brake cleaner."
                  Mmmm ok
                  Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
                  "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG BUFFER View Post
                    Mmmm ok
                    I was wondering the same.. brake cleaner??

Comment

I thought the Bounty sheet and brake cleaner was interesting as well.

I think I'll experiment on something cheaper :-) when I give this a shot.
                      Likely I'll use something milder than brake cleaner and work my way up as needed.

Comment

Brake cleaner works great to remove paint rub marks on exteriors, along w/ tar. Won't harm modern paint. Works wonders on heel marks on door sills and door panels, too.

Comment

You should bring a camera to every detail...just sayin :P
                          Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                          Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                          www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');