• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 VW Amarok Spot Project-Advance Detail Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 VW Amarok Spot Project-Advance Detail Chile

Hi Molers!!
    Hope you are all doing fine, its been a long time since i post here, but due to the amount of emails i get from diferent forums i think its time for some writting, well my last post here was the VW Touareg project, that we did in Cohihaique Chile, it was fun 4 days, but heres the Amarok project, This was done for VW Argentina, iam not sure if this truck is going for sale in the USA, but it just came out here in South America, so I guess its time to post the job we did,

(Those are motorcycles in the back BTW)

We started by unloading the trucks that arrived new from Argentina to a Main Warehouse about 45 minutes from my house, 5 trucks arrived, 3 basic and 2 top line, I had the wash bay all to myself, so I took each truck 1 by 1 and did the prep,

Most were just dirty from transport, but they had A LOT of glue residue from the plastics

If you have a ”DETAILER EYE” you might notice the weird paint… well 1 of the trucks was vinyl wraped,

On to the wash bay,
    Trucks were: Preasure rinsed, 2 bucket wash with gritguards, NXT wash soap, Megs Microfiber wash mitt, then dried,
    Paint was inspected and I found holograms,

So a mild correction was in order for the trucks to look their best, M205 via rotary then toped with M21 sealent,
    The same for the 4 trucks, the vinyl wraped truck just received spray wax to get some water spots off,

So day 1- All trucks were ready for filming the next day, we left at around 9-10 pm that night, leaving the trucks detailed and covered... ready to wake up at 6am to be at 7am in a house in the north side of Santiago.

i didnt take pictures that day because basicaly the trucks were still preproduction, so until i feel confortable with the crew i take pics,

2nd day was fun, we had to be at 6am in a place called EL ELBALSE DEL YESO, this is close to the Los Andes mountains, about 45 minutes from my house, the nice thing about Chile is that you can go surfing in the morning in Vina then visit santiago for a nice Lunch, and at 3pm be Skying in the mountains, you have both things close by,

nice place ehhh??? i hate getting my SUV dirty, but well!! here i washed the trucks again, because the transport truck couldnt make it there so they were driven in the dirt, i took all my equipment, water tanks, generator, to be able to fully clean the trucks, most of the shots were high speed driving while being chased by the helicam.

CATERING SERVICE WAS AWEEEESSSOOOMEEELYYYYY DELIICIIIOUUSSSS

After abusing the trucks all day in the rocks and dirt, this was the damage report on 1 truck (Brand new rims and tires):

Thats what i saw, but probably more damage was done hahaha

After this i had to go back to the warehouse to get the trucks ready for the next day, so the trucks were fully detailed (5 of them) from 9pm to 1am at night, got home at 2 am to wake up at 6am....

Third Day, a farm in Chicureo (North Santiago) i arrived there, gave the trucks a Detailer wipedown do get the dust off

then to my surprice....MUDDDDPIIITTTTT!!!

first a test....

Yeahhh it works...

Ok all ready... Light.. Camera.. action...

next up was the other model:

after this, the director wasnt happy with the shot (wants more mud and speed) so with 3 minutes of time, i grabed 1 of the water trucks and gave the 2 trucks, a mega quick wash, using a 6" water hose

this was done a couple of times until they had what they wanted

Again i had to spend extra hours at night to clean all the mud, and have them detailed for the next day.. got home at 8pm, and woke up at 6am

Day 4- Farm Again.... this time they made a little, mud milkshake, and splashed the windshield while the director was inside recording. Also filmed some random off road shots

Again trucks cleaned at night, for next day

Day-5... Visit to the beach, we had a lovely day for some shots near the beach, mostly pictures and some road filming.

road was closed every 10 minutes for 40 minutes (yes lots of mad people)

the line of cars in the crew

off to the new set.. beach shots

Day 6-Pictures and shots in construccion site in Movistar Arena
    i didnt take pictures because it was a busy 12 hours of work, i had to be right there working because they were doing closeups, but i was able to get some videos of the last shot in the comercial

Day 7 was last day of filming- in dried lake bed

all day until 12pm were the last shots taken

YESSS- DONEEEE!! everyone was happy, hugs everywere, and time to eat.. had a nice tasty hamburger preped by the catering service, and got back to my 2 hour drive home, that took 4 hours due to trafic.....

just turned the radio on and had relaxed drive home... we were finished, time to rest, and get ready for the "normal" clients

BUT-

heres the final comercial, altho there are diferent versions that will be coming out- this is what 7 days of 12 hours daily looks like:
    ENJOY

Hope you enjoyed the write up, it took me about 6 hours since i got the idea until the "submit new thread" button was pressed, had to go thru 200 pics, resize, watermark, apply border, upload, then copy paste each picture, then upload each video to youtube, and write everything
    Soooo until the next job.. keep on shining!!
    -Nelson Zapata
    Advance Detail Chile
    Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Re: 2011 VW Amarok Spot Project-Advance Detail Chile

Great write up, I didn't know VW made pick up trucks.

I can't believe you let them drive the truck though the mud after you detailed them.

How many of them did you detail?

Comment

Nelson, glad to see your work again. It has been a while. Interesting trucks. I wonder if they are going to hit the states.

Great work as always. You had a very busy 6 days.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
        Great write up, I didn't know VW made pick up trucks.
        I can't believe you let them drive the truck though the mud after you detailed them.
        How many of them did you detail?
        i kinda liked the truck alot, i didnt know they made trucks until i was contacted by VW, it was hard looking at the trucks being abused like that but its "work", 5 trucks were fully detailed at the begining, then each night they were detailed again (without paint correction) also during the 12 hours daily, they had to be clean, this was donde using detailer to get the dust off, or if they were too dirty, then they were preassure washed.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        Nelson, glad to see your work again. It has been a while. Interesting trucks. I wonder if they are going to hit the states.Great work as always. You had a very busy 6 days.
        Thanks Michael, i havent been able to post as much lately, we have been working (with my dad) in construccion, so detailing was kinda paused for a month, now iam getting back into it again... it was fun 7 days of work!! cant wait to be called for the next project from what i have heard, they are being offered only in south america, and some parts of europe.
        Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Comment

Wow ! Great write-up.
          That's a lot of work and you did it nicely.

Comment

I had fun, looking at all those pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I think that it was very fine and funny job :-) Thanks for posting, I saw new Amarok few weeks ago in TV here in Czech Republic 300km far from factory where he is build :-)

I would like to test one of these because for my Skoda Octavia is more than 10cm terrain difference on road pretty challenge :-)

Have a fine day in Chile!

George

Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do a really enjoyable write-up Nelson. I'm sure you had a great time (although exhausting I'm sure) working alongside the film crew and getting to see what happens behind the scenes.

The Amarok launched here in SA a few weeks ago and seems to have been well received by the local market.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');