• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Saturn Vue: Interior Detailed (APC+ to the rescue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Saturn Vue: Interior Detailed (APC+ to the rescue)

The job:
    I had the opportunity to detail the interior of a 2004 Saturn Vue last weekend. The client referred to the vehicle as his “GTV” – Grandkids Transportation Vehicle. Based on that information, you can imagine the a fair amount of things have been spilled in the interior of the car.

The process:
    The first thing I did was give the car a rough vacuum job to determine what was easily removable and what was welded on. Then, I went through the entire interior with All Purpose Cleaner Plus (10:1). APC+ is just awesome: it allowed me to tackle almost all of the sticky, oily, and even greasy stains throughout the carpet and upholstery. There was even a small patch of gum on the front passenger side carpet that I was able to diminish to nothing. I paid special attention to all of the cubby holders and cup holders – the high-priority spill-zone. I dressed the dash with Ultimate Protectant to restore the black color and gloss as well as add UV protection. I proceeded to scrub out the floor mats with APC+ and vacuum them (mostly) dry. Finished the final vacuuming on the rest of the car’s interior, placed the mats back inside, and called it a day.

Comments:
    The interior of this car proved to be a welcome challenge. The overwhelming feeling turned into pure confidence with APC+ in one hand and a terry towel in the other. Note: there is no such things as “using too many towels”. Use as many as you have to in order to get the job done to your standards!

Front cupholder (before):

Front cupholder (after):

Front cubby (before):

Front cubby (after):

Back seat cubby (before):

Back seat cubby (after):

Back seat cupholder (after):

Front seat (before):

Front seat (after):

Back seat (before):

Back seat (after):

Trunk (after):

Dashboard (after):

-----

Re: 2004 Saturn Vue: Interior Detailed (APC+ to the rescue)

Nice and clean...hard to complain about that

What did you use along with the APC to clean the areas? Brushes or Microfibers?
    Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Looks great. Good work. Love it, gtv.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
        Nice and clean...hard to complain about that

What did you use along with the APC to clean the areas? Brushes or Microfibers?
        I used a Terry towel for most of the affected areas. Between APC+ and QID, it was much easier than anticipated. The right product for the job helps tremendously!
        -----

Comment

Terry cloth does a lot, very durable plastic surfaces. I would be using brushes to aggitate if it was REALLY bad, but when I get the try the stuff out Thursday Ill be posting some results.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');