• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BSMachine's Detail of Formula413's Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BSMachine's Detail of Formula413's Ride

Well let me say it is always good to see Alex. I have not in nearly a year due to not be able to get to the track but he made trip down from Western Mass to be here for 7 AM, what a trooper.

This was a Exterior only w/ Door Jambs and Tires.
    It was very fun to work on a LT1 Body style and more so a different color that is now rarely seen.

So anyways, I just got my Makita Buffer but I am in the middle of gathering supplies so a full swirl removal would have to wait but we can do that for the start of the Spring in 2011.

For my Process I basically stuck with the tried and true Meguiar's Combo.

Wash- Meg's Gold Class Wash
    Clay- Mother's Clay Bar (was not much on the car, included quick rewash)
    Cleaner/Glaze- Meg's M07 Showcar Glaze (applied thinly with my wax spreader) Buffed with clean terry cloth
    Sealant- Meg's NXT 2.0 (allowed to dry and buffed with Terry Cloth)
    Wax- Meg's M26 Hi-tech Yellow Wax (same as NXT)
    Booster- Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax (final wipe with MF towels)
    Rims- Water Rinse, Bleech White, Scrubbed with various brushes and rinse
    Tires- Water Rinse, Bleech White, Scrubbed, Dried, Armor All Extreme Shine.

Here are the Results. Looking for more stuff to work on and get more practice, I hope to be ready to go with the Buffer.
    Before

After

Before

After

Re: The BSMachine's Detail of Formula413's Ride

Looks very good. Way to go.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks man. I very happy with the product. To be honest This will be a staple for me when it comes to getting cars to look amazing. I have a light pewter met. Buick that looks like you could swim in it.

Aside from working on paint correction, I will have to spend time to see what else is out there so I wont be stale.

Comment

The car looks clean, but I would work on your pictures. It's hard to really tell the difference between the before and after shots.

Make sure you take before/after shots of the same location, at the same angle, with the same light. Before and Afters at different angles don't show anything.

Also be sure that you clean up the wheel wells. It distracts from the clean wheels and tires.
        Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
        Houston Area Mobile Detailing
        www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Nice car! I miss my LT1 Z!
          My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
            The car looks clean, but I would work on your pictures. It's hard to really tell the difference between the before and after shots.

Make sure you take before/after shots of the same location, at the same angle, with the same light. Before and Afters at different angles don't show anything.

Also be sure that you clean up the wheel wells. It distracts from the clean wheels and tires.
            Thats the stock color of those wheel wells, its a LIGHT grey. They are indeed clean. They also have a bumpy texture.

As for the shots the owner/customer wished to put the car where he wanted. And sent me the angles that he liked best.

So anyways. I liked how the products brought out the flake in the paint, that made a major difference.

Comment

I guess what I meant was that you should apply some dressing to the wheel-wells so they'll be a dark color. When they're matched up next to the dressed tires it causes your eyes to pull to the wells.
              Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
              Houston Area Mobile Detailing
              www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

A lot more depth and color to that finish! I love #7 -brings out the good stuff.
                Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');