• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra Yellow 350Z Paint Resto (And M105???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Yellow 350Z Paint Resto (And M105???)

Doing a three step on this one, two polish, one wax. Starting off with Meguiars M105, then M205, then their syn wax. Just started doing the M105. My results with the M105 are amazing, but using it leaves me highly frustrated. The stuff just doesn't want to wipe off at all with a microfiber towel. I buff just like the instructions say, and then immediately attempt to remove, but it just sticks in some places terribly bad. The only way I've found to get it off in some places are to do another app of M105 and then attempt to remove again. Usually that helps, but I don't understand why its so difficult to remove. I'm hoping M205 isn't the same way, otherwise I'll be taking it back.

More pics to come as I progress. Its slow going since I don't have a whole lot of extra time with working OT and the boy. I've just been doing 1 panel at a time for the most part. Maybe I'll be finished in a few weeks at this rate. Hahaha.

Hood Before:

Hood After just one step:

Quarter panel done with first step, door untouched:

Re: Ultra Yellow 350Z Paint Resto (And M105???)

Awesome result.

Wax will make it real nice.

Comment

Looks good.
      We use either QD or ISO Alcohol to remove the 105.
      How long did you work the 105? Generally, if you use too much or don't work it long enough it leaves a lot on the paint and it is difficult to remove with just a MF towel unless you push real hard. The QD makes it easier, but the ISO Alc. is the easiest.
      The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Looking good. Keep up the great work.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks great so far man . What machine are you using?

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm using a Porter Cable 7XXX? Basically a dual action version 1. Its a few years old before the V2 came out from Meguiars.

I talked to Meguiars on the phone and he basically said difficult wipe off is a nature of the M105 and suggested the Ultimate Compound may remove easier, although not as aggressive. I tried the quick detailer to wet the compound before its removed and that does seem to help a bit. Took me 2 hours last night to get the doors and fenders done. The removal really is that tough.

Comment

I love the Ultra Yellow Z's. Beautiful car..................

Comment

Fantastic results. I am always amazed at how 105 finished down without even using a follow-up polish.

I have never had an issue removing 105 though and I've used it on several details now.
                Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Second step done (M205). Let me say, after working with the M105, the M205 was a pure joy. I love the way this paint looks when the sun is setting.

Comment

Very nice, indeed.

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Can't wait to get my mitts on that 105/205 combo. I'm dying to try the 205 on my Porsche. Great job!
                      Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Great work. Looks great.
                        Have any direct light pictures?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');