• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 GMC Sierra Z-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 GMC Sierra Z-71

2010 GMC Sierra, 6k miles.

Client bought it a few months ago to use as a work truck.

Client brought it to a local detail shop at the spur of the moment, they hacked up the interior and came close to ruining the plastic and vinyl with a greasy motor oil dressing.

My client and I found this to be unacceptable for a new truck.

Client asked me to come give the truck a basic detail early the next morning.

I arrived at 5:30am the next morning.

A few interior befores:

Yes, they dressed the clear plastic. Along with the matte plastic piece.

A few exterior befores.

I gave the truck a nice bath with Ultimate Wash and Wax.

Wheel, tires, and wells were cleaned with Deep Crystal Car Wash, All Purpose Cleaner, and various brushes.

Bugs and tar were treated with soap and water and a bug sponge.

I pulled it in the garage, and dried it with some WMs.

I then made my way into the interior.

I cleaned off the motor oil dressing with All Purpose Cleaner and cotton towels, the towels went from bright and white to a black film.

The carpets were vac'd and lint rolled.

The carpets were dry brushed and vac'd.

The interior was dressed with Quik Interior Detailer and the glass got Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1 x2.

The jambs were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner.

The owner did not want the truck waxed or sealed.

So I clayed it with Detailing Clay (Mild) and some #34 - Final Inspection, that was followed by an application of Ultimate Quik Wax to the paint, chrome, and exterior trim.

Tires and wells were dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2010 GMC Sierra

Nice work again Nick. Trust me....I WILL come up with some other "comment (s)" for your efforts on these vehicles. Just give me some time...I'm thinking that I may have one on the tip of my tongue.

But for now....

Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Man Nick, I am so glad you got that cheap garbage off the dash. Nice work on the clean up.
      Tracy
      765-413-7547
      Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Great work once again! Shame he didn't want to wax or seal but to each his own i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
          Nice work again Nick. Trust me....I WILL come up with some other "comment (s)" for your efforts on these vehicles. Just give me some time...I'm thinking that I may have one on the tip of my tongue.

But for now....

Thanks Don.

I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Autobrite View Post
          Man Nick, I am so glad you got that cheap garbage off the dash. Nice work on the clean up.
          Thanks Tracy.

I had to liberally spray the APC on the surface several times.

Originally posted by KyleGates View Post
          Great work once again! Shame he didn't want to wax or seal but to each his own i guess.
          Thank you sir,

The owner does not keep vehicles longer than one or two years so it really does not matter to him.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yuck, that was a greasy dressing. I hate when those el-cheapo car washers apply that kind of junk. Shiny yes, but it doesn't mean that it looks good ! You did a great job removing it for sure.
            I also like to dress the interiors with quick interior detailer. It always give that mate new look that I like.

And nice improvment on the exterior too.

Comment

That is how a black truck should look. Glad that junk protectorant was removed. Looks so much better now. The truck looks great as always, Nick. Great work.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing even without wax! And good job on cleaning up that hack job...some people find greasier the better...I like to keep it looking somewhat satin.

Comment

Nice job once again.

Nick, did you notice anything that stuck out on the truck (good or bad). Being mine is the same except the box length, I'm just curious.

ie. hard to clean interior (seats), certain products that worked well or didn't.

Funny on "TRUCKS" on Speed channel the guys said the grill was ugly and then they covered it with some chrome clip on. I personally really like the grill and front end on the GMC, much more than the Chevy truck. When it's clean I think it looks very good. I wouldn't cover it up personally.

Comment

Beautiful results Nick. That dash went from OMG to factory fresh, great save.

Pimp-shiny dashes are so 1988.

When I saw the title I was thinking we might be seeing a new Nick-mobile!
                    2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

good result, congrats

Comment

Looks Great! Interior looks much better.

Interesting how the owner de-badged the rear and added Chevy Rims.
                        Matt

Comment

WOW NICE JOB!!!!!!!

Love the after of inter. dash that's the way it should look.. I hate that shiny looking stuff.. Great work once again keep it up.
                          http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...g_sig_copy.jpg

Comment

Much better! Nice job!
                            Shane
                            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

A big thumbs down to greasy motor oil dressings. Looks great on the afters Nick.
                              Learning new things everyday

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');