• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab and 2008 Cadillac CTS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab and 2008 Cadillac CTS4

This is a 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab. This one truly owns the title of an "extreme make over". It is used as a delivery truck for a local bakery. Only 17 months old and already 148 000 km on the clock. As far as I can remember the exterior hasn't seen anything other than a pressure wash.
    Customer asked for a basic wash and wax with an interior cleaning. My main goal was to make it looks okay, since it won't stay clean for too long...

Before :
    Doesn't look too bad from this angle.

Wrong !!!

The bluish stains on the sides are from the trailer that is attached to a fifthwheel.
    They were such a pain to remove.

The interior was bad, but honestly I expected it to be much worst.

Process :
    Interior
    vacuum, plastic washed with some water and APC+, windows cleaned with NXT Glass cleaner, all plastic dressed with Quick Interior Detailer

Exterior
    Wheels, tires and wells washed with APC and NXT car wash
    Washed with NXT car cash with a small qty of APC for a stronger mix since it was very dirty...
    Waxed with #21 Synthetic Wax, the owner didn't even care about the swirls.
    On the bluish stains, I tried APC, then Meg's Paint Cleaner, then ScratchX, then #105 with an orange LLC pad via PC. This last try worked great, as I expected.
    Tires and all exterior trims got ASD

After :
    Total time : 5 hours.
    I was told not to go crazy on the inside.

Stains removed.

Re: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab and 2008 Cadillac CTS4

Now for the CTS.
    This 2008 CTS is the personal car of the owner of the bakery.
    Has 56400 km. Never been cleaned since he took over the lease from another person last summer.
    Unfortunately it was raining that day.

Before :

A lot of nasty bugs

Process :
    Interior
    Vacuum, plastics cleaned with some water and APC+, glass cleaned with NXT glass cleaner, plastics and seats dressed with Quick Interior Detailer

Exterior
    Wheels, tires and wells cleaned with APC and Deep Crystal Car Wash. You will see in the after pics that I would have needed some Wheel Brithener on the wheels.
    Washed with NXT Car Wash mixed with a bit of APC for a stronger mix since the car hasn't been washed in months...
    Customer didn't care for the swirls so I went straigh to the wax. I used #21 Synthetic Wax
    Trims and tires dressed with ASD

After :
    Total time : 3h45

Comment

Great work on both. You were not kidding, that truck is a extreme makeover. The truck was messed up.

The caddy looks very good also.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Geez,good job man.I can understand a work truck getting that dirty but there is no excuse for the caddy...

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Great work on both. You were not kidding, that truck is a extreme makeover. The truck was messed up.

The caddy looks very good also.
          No kidding ! I quotted way too low on this truck..

Originally posted by spence82 View Post
          Geez,good job man.I can understand a work truck getting that dirty but there is no excuse for the caddy...
          I can't understand people who own such a nice car letting their car go this messed up. It was 2008 which looked like a 10 years old car to say the least.
          This was done in early June and the Caddy is already looking pretty bad when I see it on my way to work.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');