• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unsung Hero - APC+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unsung Hero - APC+

Just wanted to share this with everyone! I was doing some suspension work yesterday and used that as an opportunity to clean the inside of the wheels. Using All Purpose Cleaner Plus and some light scrubbing, I was able to remove about 80% of the grunge from the inside of the wheel...

The Unsung Hero
    -----

Re: The Unsung Hero - APC+

Great improvement,

May want to try WB next time though, you might be able to get them to come a little cleaner.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nice - what a difference!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Wheel Brightener would have taken care of 100% of the crud. Nice job, though, using APC+.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
          Wheel Brightener would have taken care of 100% of the crud. Nice job, though, using APC+.

Colin

Looks like the Wheel Brightener is only available in 1 gallon size.

Comment

Huge improvement. They look a lot better.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone. I'm going to order some wheel brightener today. I noticed some cautions that it can't be used on coated aluminum?
              -----

Comment

A good all-purpose cleaner can be used on a LOT of applications with various dilution ratios. Good job finding one more use for yours
                Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Great job! As the others said, try wheel brightener. You do NOT want to use it on uncoated / polished aluminum. If it is clear coated, then you are good to go!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by FRS View Post
                    Looks like the Wheel Brightener is only available in 1 gallon size.
                    Rick at ADS (autodetailingsolutions) has sample size of WB, 32oz I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Majeika View Post
                      Thanks a lot everyone. I'm going to order some wheel brightener today. I noticed some cautions that it can't be used on coated aluminum?
                      That would be UNcoated aluminum. Don't use it on anodized surfaces, either.

Colin
                      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                        That would be UNcoated aluminum. Don't use it on anodized surfaces, either.

Colin
                        I'm new to wheels. How can I tell the difference? And I'm not sure what anodized is...
                        -----

Comment

Get metal polish, and rub a little spot in an inconspicuous area (make sure it is very clean in that area) and if your rag comes up with black, they are uncoated, and if it looks the same, then they are coated.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                            Get metal polish, and rub a little spot in an inconspicuous area (make sure it is very clean in that area) and if your rag comes up with black, they are uncoated, and if it looks the same, then they are coated.
                            Thanks a lot! This is really going to help!
                            -----

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');