• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Chevy Camaro Black SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Chevy Camaro Black SS

2010 Chevy Camaro SS
    Hello everyone,

Over the past three days I have been detailing this brand new 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, The owner and I picked it up at the dealership about a week and a half ago. When we brought it back to his house I evaulated the condition of the paint, interior, and even engine!

What I found was light cobwebbing and swirling, there was zero bonded contaminants on this car which was about right since It was custom ordered, it did not sit out on the lot for more than a few days.

I am going to split this writeup into three parts, The engine, exterior, and the interior. All of these areas were dialed in to achieve absolute perfection and nothing less!

So first, lets start with the engine.

Engine:

Products Used:

Deep Crystal Car Wash
    All Purpose Cleaner
    Hyper-Dressing 3:1

Engine Befores:

Engine Afters:

The engine took about twenty minutes to complete, no brushes were used at at all, A light stream of water, APC, DC car wash and Hyperdressing made it look better than new

Now on to the interior, There was no huge difference bewtween befores and afters so I will post the afters.

Interior:

Products Used:

All Purpose Cleaner Plus
    Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
    #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner
    Last Touch Spray Detailer
    Gold Class Rich Leather Spray
    Quik Interior Detailer

Now, after the engine and interior were complete. The last thing to do was the paint, wheels,tires etc.

I started off by washing the car to remove any loose dirt and dust, I didnt feel confident in a LT wipedown.

Products used to wash and clay the car:

Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
    All Purpose Cleaner
    Wheel Brightener
    Last Touch Spray Detailer
    Detailing Clay (Mild)

Exterior Befores:

During:

After Washing and drying and also claying the car I pulled it back out into the sun to search for swirls and the light cobwebbing, so I could capture them for this writeup since I knew they were there already.

Before Correction Work:

They were hard to capture, so these two phtos above caught them the best. They are fairly mild and most likely came from the touchless car wash the dealership ran it through.

The paint on this car was pretty darn soft, I did a test spot on the trunk lid with #205 - Ultra Finishing Polish on the D.A at speed 5 with a SoftBuff 2.0 Polishing Pad.

Test Spot:

I was able to remove about 98% of the swirls and scratches with #205 - Ultra Finishing Polish and the G110. After this I sealed the car with three coats of Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. I also applied Tech Wax to the wheels and sprayed All Season Dressing on the tires.

Final After Shots:

I hope you guys enjoyed this writeup and I thank you for taking the time to read it, It was a lot of fun to do this and document my process.

Thank you everyone,
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2010 Chevy Camaro Black SS ~ Full Engine, Interior and Exterior Detail and Sunsho

Good writeup as always. Sweet car.
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Re: 2010 Chevy Camaro Black SS ~ Full Engine, Interior and Exterior Detail and Sunsho

Fabulous job! Cool car, too!

So, why did this guy buy another car? Is he planning on starting his own dealership?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        Fabulous job! Cool car, too!

So, why did this guy buy another car? Is he planning on starting his own dealership?
        He just likes to collect cars and throw them in the garage. Its good for me since I will always have work.
        Nick
        815-954-0773

Comment

Well done Nick!!!! Your write-ups and your attention to detail is excellent! I am impressed!!!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
            Well done Nick!!!! Your write-ups and your attention to detail is excellent! I am impressed!!!

Tim
            Thanks Tim.
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

Nick, great results as usual. The Camaro looks fantastic. Keep up the great work.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looks great! If he drives it at all he will notice how much brake dust those Bremos kick out. They sure stop nice though! My GF's Father has one too (Orange SS/RS).
                -James
                2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                  Looks great! If he drives it at all he will notice how much brake dust those Bremos kick out. They sure stop nice though! My GF's Father has one too (Orange SS/RS).
                  I was suprised about the brake dust too, it was driven two times before the detail and it was already in need of a cleaning.

They do stop real well, I found that out when I test drove it around the block
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

Nick awesome job!!!! Car looks like it should now!

I love it and you were the right man for the job! Now I gotta clean my keyboard of all my drool! You are so lucky for getting to drive it too! Awesome job as always man! Love seeing your write ups!

Comment

Looks good bub!

I don't know if it was just how the camera was catching the light but it looked like a few holograms on some of the reflection shots...anyways the car looks great and I'm sure the owner will love showing it off now..they don't look like that from the showroom!
                      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I had been waiting for you to detail this one. Great work, beautiful car :\ Hard to say from a Ford man.

Comment

Great results Nick... damn great Garage he got... the perfect place to do a detail :]
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                            Looks good bub!

I don't know if it was just how the camera was catching the light but it looked like a few holograms on some of the reflection shots...anyways the car looks great and I'm sure the owner will love showing it off now..they don't look like that from the showroom!
                            Not a single hologram was on this car, Not sure if the D.A and M205 can even produce holograms.

Are you talking about this one?

I dont have a problem taking more sun shots either.
                            Nick
                            815-954-0773

Comment

Tuck, for the exterior, what pad did you use with the M205? I'm guessing a finishing pad?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');