• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More #16 as my last step product pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More #16 as my last step product pics

1995 Mercedes C280, just over 40,000 actual miles. I've been taking car of it since it was nearly new. It had been a few years since any deep polishing, so I went over it with #80 and a polishing pad, topped with #16.

Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

2000 Cadillac DHS. Another one I detail about once a year. Nice older gentleman who really takes good care of his cars. The interior is always a breeze and he washes it once a week so even the exterior wasn't too bad being a year out of its last detail.

I used #80 with a polishing pad and #16. Notice a trend here? #80 leaves the paint looking real wet and #16 compliments it nicely.

2003 Dodge Ram SLT. The paint was in good shape so I just did a light polish with PBs Polish w/carnauba and topped it with...you guessed it...#16.

Comment

Oh yeah, how about a shot of #16 beading?

Comment

I am always amazed by your work Scott....
        Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
        08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
        98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
        82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Alright...You've done it...I'm convinced...

Time to go buy some #16!

Any tips you can offer about applying it?

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I was just told by my country distributor of Meguiar's products that a batch of #16 had just being imported. I'm going to grab it as well as #80 too! Yahoo!
            zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by williams22
              Alright...You've done it...I'm convinced...

Time to go buy some #16!

Any tips you can offer about applying it?

Chris
              I apply it a section or two at a time, then remove. Some apply it to the whole vehicle and then remove but if you wait too long, it can be a pain to remove.

Comment

Wow!!! The reflections just look awesome! It's like a flawless job! Great work Scott! Just one question, do you apply #16 by hand or using the PC? You really love #80 don't you?
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

wow the reflections are great very clean
                  BNR Motorsports
                  www.BNRMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bri
                    Wow!!! The reflections just look awesome! It's like a flawless job! Great work Scott! Just one question, do you apply #16 by hand or using the PC? You really love #80 don't you?
                    I apply #16 by hand.

#80 is the product I would recommend if I could only suggest one product for everyone to try. It does a great job on light to moderate defects and finishes down very wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                      I apply #16 by hand.

#80 is the product I would recommend if I could only suggest one product for everyone to try. It does a great job on light to moderate defects and finishes down very wet.
                      #80 is great product, and 16 beads like a monster.

Comment

Scottwax:
                        I know you already answered this question, but which is your exact procedure to apply # 16?
                        What kind of applicator do you use, how long do you let it dry, etc.
                        Last edited by manueljlg; Oct 30, 2004, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manueljlg
                          Scottwax:
                          I know you already answered this question, but which is your exact procedure to apply # 16?
                          What kind of applicator do you use, how long do you let it dry, etc.
                          Foam hand pads, I apply it and remove it one section at a time. Maybe 30-45 seconds drying before I start removing it. If you let it dry, it is very tough to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
                            Foam hand pads, I apply it and remove it one section at a time. Maybe 30-45 seconds drying before I start removing it. If you let it dry, it is very tough to remove.
                            I am sure glad I just read this. I applied #16 last night, but divided the car into 4 sections. It allowed 16 to dry too much and was tough to remove. Next time I will apply to only small sections and remove quickly. Sounds like a very good tip. Thanks.
                            BTW it does look great over #20 and should be a good combo for winter I hope.
                            Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');