• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The beauty of #80 and NXT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beauty of #80 and NXT.

#80 Speed Glaze using a Meguiars Polishing pad and NXT Tech Wax using a polishing pad. Very simple and very effective combo.

Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Very nice! The reflection on that car is stunning!! Question for you Scottwax, is #82 comparable with #80? I mean both of them are cleaner/polish with a close rating on the cutting scale... What do you think? Thanks!
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I love those cars, i like the reflections.. and definetly knowing that it is maintained with good products..this car rocks good pictures!

Comment

Very nice! I use this combo on cars I'm detailing for the first time. Quick and easy with great results. Blue and NXT go great together.

Comment

Re: The beauty of #80 and NXT.

Originally posted by Scottwax
          #80 Speed Glaze using a Meguiar's Polishing pad and NXT Tech Wax using a polishing pad. Very simple and very effective combo.
          Nice results Scott,

I would second statement. If the finish is in good condition, Meguiar's Speed Glaze followed by NXT Tech Wax is a great combination for use with the the G-100 dual action polisher. (PC)

Easy to work with as far as application and removal, and consistent professional quality results.

Although I had to use some #83 on this car today to remove some of the major swirls, I followed with #80 Speed Glaze and two coats of Tech Wax. All applied using the G-100.

The above Corvette has the original clear coat finish.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Bri
            Very nice! The reflection on that car is stunning!! Question for you Scottwax, is #82 comparable with #80? I mean both of them are cleaner/polish with a close rating on the cutting scale... What do you think? Thanks!
            #80 is a touch more aggressive and seems to break down more quickly. #82 leaves the paint a bit more reflective (IMO) and #80 finished down to a look similar to #81 or #7, as in very wet looking. You can't go wrong with either product but since you can get more initial bite and work a little faster with #80 since it breaks down fast, I tend to reach for #80 more than #82 these days. Usually two medium speed passes and one sloooow pass with #80 are enough to clear it out.

Comment

#80 is a touch more aggressive and seems to break down more quickly. #82 leaves the paint a bit more reflective (IMO) and #80 finished down to a look similar to #81 or #7, as in very wet looking. You can't go wrong with either product but since you can get more initial bite and work a little faster with #80 since it breaks down fast, I tend to reach for #80 more than #82 these days. Usually two medium speed passes and one sloooow pass with #80 are enough to clear it out.

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Sweet car Mike!

Comment

Mike,
                  It's always good to see April's 1982 CE Corvette, tell her I said HI!

And since I own one too, I have to say that is still the most beautiful of the C3's out there....

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                  08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                  98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                  82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

OOOPS!

Sorry Scottwax, didn't mean to sidetrack your post.

That caddy came out killer. what a shine...

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg
                      OOOPS!

Sorry Scottwax, didn't mean to sidetrack your post.

That caddy came out killer. what a shine...
                      No problemo. I like 'Vettes too. Only thing missing is the L-82 emblems! Don't remember if you could still get that engine in 1982 but if I had a friend with an '81 or '82 that had the L-82. BTW, I used to have a 1974 Z/28 that came with the L-82.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Mike
                        i am new here at meguires forum, i picked up some #80 a few weeks ago, and i'm looking to remove some minor swirls.

what do you mean by 2 medium passes and 1 slow pass? and how does this effect the polishing action? i have lots to learn!

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills
                          i am new here at meguires forum, i picked up some #80 a few weeks ago, and i'm looking to remove some minor swirls.

what do you mean by 2 medium passes and 1 slow pass? and how does this effect the polishing action? i have lots to learn!
                          I am talking about the movement of the PC. 2 back and forth passes at a moderate pace (I usually have the PC set on 6 for polishing), then on pass at a real slow pace. You can see #80 clear out as you do that.

Comment

Only thing missing is the L-82 emblems!
                            !982's and 84's had an L83, it is a Cross Fire fuel injection setup with twin throttle bodies. But GM chocked it down to just 200 HP.

I am trying to remedy this problem, I have ported the intake, and started installing a few other go fast goodies. All I need now is more money...

Comment

Thanks scottwax for clearing that up for me. I'm hoping this swirl removal will go smoothly. by the way the caddie looks great!
                              Last edited by cheapthrills; Sep 28, 2004, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');