• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINI Garage Clinic Today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI Garage Clinic Today!!!

Having attended several detailing clinics at Meguiars, I was inspired to hold my own for my MINI club, c3club.org.

But due to unforeseen circumstances, I was caught in a bind at the last minute but fortunately Mike Phillips and Richard Simmons came to my rescue, and ensured that nothing would stop our MINI event from happening!

A big thumbs up of appreciation to you both for your support and incredible customer service!

Our garage clinic wasn't ordinary in any sense. We had homemade chicken enchiladas, a sushi platter, chinese chicken salad. and a bunch of amazing goodies, not to mention a fantastic fruit punch recipe that one of our members got off the internet!

We also had running a detailing DVD that I put together that helped several members learn how to use the PCDA correctly, even before they got their hands on the tool.

We used the typical Meguiars products including NXT Car Wash, Quik Detailer, NXT Tech Wax, and ScratchX, as well as Trim Detailer.

Several of the cars arrived needing a lot of tender care! The first car up was this black MCS. There were a lot of paint issues to deal with. First the car lives outdoors, uncovered, and with our recent rain, it was pretty dirty. Further, there are some pretty deep defects due to a wet bra that was on the car during a recent cross country road trip.

Here are the BEFORE pix:

A thorough wash with NXT Car Wash, was the first step.

Unfortunately due to space restrictions, we had to wash in the sun, so we quickly rinsed off the soap, and brought the car into the shade for final drying and Quik Detailing to remove water spots or anything we missed. Once this was done, we used the W-8006 Polishing Pad with NXT Tech Wax, on a PC DA set to speed 4. ScratchX, was used on several of the worse defects. I didn't have any Show Car Glaze available so we only used NXT Tech Wax and removed it by using the W-7006 cutting pad inside of a microfiber Ultimate Bonnet

Here are the AFTER pix:

Cobwebbing is gone!!! The metallic flakes are very visible.

For comparison, here is a composite of the two pictures.

Not that it's not already obvious, but the left side is the after and the right side is before.

As you can see the results were pretty dramatic with a deep, wet look!
    Last edited by OctaneGuy; Sep 12, 2004, 10:26 PM.
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

Next Up was a Chili Red Cooper that looked orange due to the layer of dust and dirt!

Same procedure was followed with the NXT Car Wash.
    Already looking much better!

Cobwebbing is visible here

You can just make out a fine clear coat scratch

This is where I goofed. After detailing the car, we installed 2 mods (the Ian Cull Auto Up--double click window toggle for automatic up windows, and the diode brake light mod for activating the unused rear fogs) By the time we pulled the car out, the sun was gone, but the before and after look was dramatic. Wet, glossy, and even the scratch was diminished to to the point of not being a bother though it was still visible.

There were 3 other cars that were detailed, but didn't require washing, so they were just Quick Detailed, PCDA'd with NXT Tech Wax.

Here's a quick pic of those that still remained at the end of the day!

All in all we had a fantastic day!! A big thanks to Meguiars for not only making very high quality and affordable products, but for making sure our day went smoothly!!

Thank you from the members of c3club.org.
    Last edited by OctaneGuy; Sep 12, 2004, 10:17 PM.
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

they all look great after the job... and then? went out for a show off ride like in the italian job

Comment

Hahah, sorry no dramatic ending! We all just rode off into the sunset on our own--exhausted but very satisfied.
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Great job.....

My WAC also had Mini Meeting on yesterday (Sept 12), will show to you soonest.

Pairoj Ateerat (Yai)
          WAC Wash A Car
          WAC Car Detailing
          Meguiar's Car Detailing Center
          Bangkok, THAILAND

Comment

Re: MINI Garage Clinic Today!!!

Originally posted by OctaneGuy
            Having attended several detailing clinics at Meguiar's, I was inspired to hold my own for my MINI club, c3club.org.
            Hi OctaneGuy,

Very impressive! Taking what you have learned here and then sharing with your friends how they can restore a show car shine to their car's finish, now that's true friendship. Were glad the supplies arrived on time!

(Need a job?)

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Re: MINI Garage Clinic Today!!!

Thanks Mike! Well it really helps to have a good foundation and an excellent teacher, and I got both of those from you and by attending the Meguiar's Clinics.

Here are some emails I got from some of the attendees:
              Looks like you got some more Meguiars customers out of this.

"All our babies look so beeaaautiful and very shiny. Clifford (Chili Red MC) is still shiny as of yesterday. I don't have quick detailing thingie so I'll go by one of the auto place to buy it and use it on him when I get home today." - JJ

"... I really had a blast and Sirius (electric blue MCS in photo) looks sooooo good.I keep feeling his paint cuz it's so soft and smooth! " - LV

"And thanks so much for you and Toshi cleaning up my Wanda (black MCS in photo) so nicely! I got MANY compliments about her at the art opening in Topanga tonight." - CB

re: Job
              Why are you hiring?? LOL

Richard

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Hi OctaneGuy,

Very impressive! Taking what you have learned here and then sharing with your friends how they can restore a show car shine to their car's finish, now that's true friendship. Were glad the supplies arrived on time!

(Need a job?)

Mike
              Last edited by OctaneGuy; Sep 13, 2004, 11:32 AM.
              Richard Lin
              ShowCarDetailing
              5548 E. La Palma Ave
              Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');