• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAM 970 - The first jet "Air Force One" detailed !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAM 970 - The first jet "Air Force One" detailed !!

We did that last year(detailed the 747)...it sucked...Not really...its simply in need of a complete overhaul (as in new paint)...in the years to come...we will be working on several projects across the globe...with this new "Dream Team"...anything is possible! That 747 is #1...serial number one that is...that aircraft started the entire thing for Boeing in regards to the 747 so it was cool to work on that aircraft...we also worked on serial #1 737, the only west coast based Concord and the 727 and B-47 bomber...plus add in a handful of BBJ aircraft (Boeing 737 Business Jet) and you have yourself a rare collection of aircraft we have now detailed...and this was our largest effort that included very few of my own staff.

The professionals on this selected team are independent business professionals from as far away as the Dominican Republic...my buddy Pedro from Autopia Detailing Revolution down in DR joined the team on this one also...so this was an international event for us!

As for products...out of respect to the Meguiar's folks...I would rather not talk products...but I will share this...I do use a number of Meguiar's products on aircraft...boats...cars...almost all of my detailing efforts include at least one Meguiar's product...so keep it close to home...and keep up with using Meguiar's on all your rides...they are #1 for good reason!

Great post Joe...great Job...your leadership within this project shined...(pun intended)

Originally posted by mr.haributo View Post
    Wow, awesome work. Great job.

Imagine detailing the 747 in the background.
    Renny Doyle
    Attention To Details
    "Detailers of Air Force One"
    www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Wow !!!! what a great experience !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job !!!!!!!!!
      Women wear shinny, men drive it...
      Click on link to see signature picture:
      http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...a/500/Tano.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
        We then wrapped the painted areas with plastic sheeting. We will do some heavy metal polishing and the plastic will protect the paint from the metal polishing splatter.

Then we got started on the metal (aluminum) polishing. We did a five step on the aluminum. Three steps included rotary polish with the last two being cyclo polishing.

SYDSTER

Comment

Renny and Joe it was a great experience working with the both of you on this project and hopefully there will be more to come.

As a second year veteran on this project I can tell you it was not any easier the second time around but the finished product was far better.

Jim Goguen
          Jim's Auto Installations
          & Detailing Center
          www.jimsauto.net
          "Selected Member of the Air Force One Detailing Team" 2007,2008 & 2011

Comment

That plane looks awesome. You guys did a great job on her.

Comment

Jaw dropping!

Comment

So let me get this straight, you guys had been out two and three times and it didnt get "impressive" until ol'Joe came out to lend a hand????

LOL!!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Those are great pics! You and the crew did an awesome job, the mirror finish is unreal. I can tell it took a lot of time and pride to get that beast done.
                  Knowledge is power
                  2001 Silver Acura 3.2 CL
                  1996 Red Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                  1978 21' Dodge RV (restored)

Comment

Man that is one awesone detail. Must have felt great bein choosen to detail something like that

Comment

Well...kind of...

This aircraft is a part of history

and rushing the cause could and would have caused damage to the aluminum...we were asked to be gentle and bring her back slowly...and SAFELY!

The Same Engines Today...Perfection Takes Time...at least when it counts! The Cladding on a 50+ year old priceless treasure is nothing to take lightly!

I guess you could look at it this way Joe...I prepped it so you could detail it...lol!

So let me get this straight, you guys had been out two and three times and it didnt get "impressive" until ol'Joe came out to lend a hand????

LOL!!
                      Renny Doyle
                      Attention To Details
                      "Detailers of Air Force One"
                      www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

What an amazing job!!! I washed a few F-16's while in the Air Force, they never looked like that when we got done!!

Congrats to you and your team!!
                        The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Hats off to you Joe. That is a HUGE project and it looks & sounds like you had a great crew. What a fun vehicle to work on too!

Great job!
                          It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Here is a little something Renny put together - Detailers of Air Force One
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

That is so cool. Awesome Awesome work.
                              Alex
                              1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
                              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
                              1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

Here is a little something Renny put together - Detailers of Air Force One
                                truly jaw dropping project...nothing else to say but WOW !!!
                                Bill Poirier
                                West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');