• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 - The Full Monte!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1995 Mercedes-Benz S500 - The Full Monte!

Great work guys!!

Make sure them apprentices get paid or 3fitty gonna sue you guys (kidding)

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Very nice job on the Mercedes.
      Was very swirls and you've removed it completely

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
        JEFF!!! What's up man?! That's some amazing work!! I'm glad you and Mike are getting a lot of booking! Keep up the good work!!!

Was the paint hard?

LOL, Mike's turned into quite the marketer

The paint was actually fairly soft, it corrected with 83 except for some deeper RIDS which we left alone. We need to get together again when it cools off!

Comment

Originally posted by Sal329 View Post
          The car looks amazing, another great job well done. Your apprentices seem happy lol well one more then the other. If I coudl only get my 11 yr old stepson off a video game to help would be nice, my 2 year old just likes to spray things lol.
          LOL, ironically they were both very good workers and happy to be there, must have caught our non-smiling apprentice (my step-son) off guard with the picture.

My 4 yr old loves to "help" too, but insists on being the "hose man", and you can imagine how that turns out LOL

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for explaining it and helping me understand.
            I was recently watching a video from the Meg's open garage where they said it is best to do exactly what ya'll did: take a test spot and dial in the exact process you are going to use for the entire vehicle.

I have heard many people praise 151. But would doing a separate polish and then a separate wax step actually be better? (Better here means: better protection, better shine...)

Thanks once again!

Comment

Originally posted by jpitt1987 View Post

I have heard many people praise 151. But would doing a separate polish and then a separate wax step actually be better? (Better here means: better protection, better shine...)

Thanks once again!
              As a general rule, the more steps the better the result. If you are detailing for money, you need to balance the best result possible with the best use of time.

If I were prepping my '68 Mustang for a show, I'd probably use 83/80/7/Nxt/26 (5 steps!)

There's definitely a law of diminishing returns though - you reach a point where it takes a LOT more effort for a miniscule improvement.

I'm going to do a test with 83/80/nxt vs 83/151 to try and really see what the differences are. 83 and 80 are formulated with diminishing abrasives, the basic technology that Meguiar's has developed over 100 years. However, the D151 uses the Micro abrasive technology - brand new. I've been very impressed with the clarity that D151 finishes with.

Comment

I have read a lot about the diminishing abrasives, but not much about the new micro abrasive tech. I would be really interested in seeing what you find.

Comment

Hey everybody, just a quick follow up from our client. He was absolutely amazed at the final result! He couldn't believe the before and after pics. He was really amazed at the after of the clay, he couldn't believe how much it picked up. I guess his son even commented on how smooth the paint was. It's always good to have positive feedback!!!

Have a great day.
                  The power of the flex compells you!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');