• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M86 Cut & Polish Cream goes it SOLO with Alpine’s Imprint RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M86 Cut & Polish Cream goes it SOLO with Alpine’s Imprint RLS

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
    I can't get enough of looking at pictures from these sessions even though incredible as they are they still don't do justice to what one can see in person, so Kevin, please, can we have some more?
    Thanks, Zoran...
    I'm new to youtube, but successfully uploaded a video of the car at CES.

The Alpine Electronics Mercedes Imprint RLS debuts at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show... Final wet-sand & polish by a team of Meguiar's employees & enthus...

I have another video but need to modify it because there are some things in it that are 'prototype' and not yet available...
    Last edited by Kevin Brown; Aug 10, 2008, 12:25 PM. Reason: remove word
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
      I'm new to youtube, but successfully uploaded a video of the car at CES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFzwN012ZHA
      Thank you!

Comment

Wow, what an awesome job. I hadn't seen it yet. As Kevin said, you guys seem to be having fun and working hard at the same time. All I can say is congratulations and that I love reading posts like this.

Two questions:

- Where can we see bigger/more detailed pictures of the finished car?
        - Do u have to be bald to be invited to these polishing sessions?

Comment

Nice work! I've never seen that model before

Nice,humorous layout with the pics.

One Q about the paintjob. Was it a red tinted clear,ontop of silver?

The paint color had real nice depth to it.

Comment

cool
            it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1999grad View Post
              Wow, what an awesome job. I hadn't seen it yet. As Kevin said, you guys seem to be having fun and working hard at the same time. All I can say is congratulations and that I love reading posts like this.
              Thanks!
              Here are a few more Alpine gig's we did:

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Two questions:
              - Where can we see bigger/more detailed pictures of the finished car?

- Do u have to be bald to be invited to these polishing sessions?
              No. But you DO have to be nice! OR!- you have to buy all the food for the shiny-head clan (or SHC's).

We'll allow guys with unibrows, too. This caveat may help you.. I don't know.
              Kevin Brown

Comment

We'll allow guys with unibrows, too. This caveat may help you...
                Ouch! You got me on that one, Kevin. But hey, my unibrow protects my eyes from the sun without having to wear a cap!

Congratulations for that great job again.

Comment

Very impressive. Very impressive indeed

Comment

Kevin, what has been your experience with M86 with the DA, even though it's not recommended to be used with one?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeta Detail View Post
                      Congratulations for that great job again...
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                      Very impressive. Very impressive indeed
                      Appreciate your reading of the thread, Flash!

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                      Kevin, what has been your experience with M86 with the DA, even though it's not recommended to be used with one?
                      Quite simply, it is THE most underestimated product Meguiar's makes. I still use it with the random orbital!
                      I know several HIGH END detailers that regularly use M86 with the random orbital, too.

I'd say that M86:
                      • Performs as well as M105 on some paints
                      • Performs as well as Ultimate Compound on some paints
                      • Works very well for its intended purpose, which is to rotary cut and polish fresh paint
                      • Can finish on par with some of the BEST finishing polishes available today.
                      • Is very easy to use, and features great wipe-off characteristics
                      • Should be in every person's buffing arsenal

How's that for an answer?
                      Kevin Brown

Comment

Quite simply, it is THE most underestimated product Meguiar's makes. I still use it with the random orbital!
                        I know several HIGH END detailers that regularly use M86 with the random orbital, too.

I'd say that M86:
                        • Performs as well as M105 on some paints
                        • Performs as well as Ultimate Compound on some paints
                        • Works very well for its intended purpose, which is to rotary cut and polish fresh paint
                        • Can finish on par with some of the BEST finishing polishes available today.
                        • Is very easy to use, and features great wipe-off characteristics
                        • Should be in every person's buffing arsenal

How's that for an answer?
                        That's a great response! Oh, and how come in the other thread with the pictures where it shows the Surbufs years ago, you didn't mention it sooner in some of the other detailing forums? You are one to find out some gems and procedures that help push the envelope and we are enquiring minds that want to learn i say J/K, you DA man

Comment

That's a great response! Oh, and how come in the other thread with the pictures where it shows the Surbufs years ago, you didn't mention it sooner in some of the other detailing forums? You are one to find out some gems and procedures that help push the envelope and we are enquiring minds that want to learn i say J/K, you DA man
                          At that time, we didn't have the jewels of the polishing world, M105 and M205 to use with the Surbuf.
                          Without the abrasive technology employed if these wonderful liquids, the it simply did not perform as it does today.

In fact, the Surbuf pad WAS and still IS touted by Surbuf as a pad for use with woodworking, for dust collection and hand-staining, and for automotive use as a final polishing and waxing pad. Its original intent was not for compounding duties.

As a final polishing and waxing pad, some guys had success with the pad.
                          However, a majority of the guys that post on detailing forums were not happy with the performance it delivered.
                          Consequently, its popularity faded throughout the detailing forums, as far as I could tell.

Even now, it is not a pad for everybody, and requires patience to learn how to use it as a "cutter".

Since this is a Meguiar's-owned forum, I try not to discuss the Surbuf or other competing products, out of respect for Meguiar's.

This is also why I don't constantly write about the "KBM" here, or recommend that Meguiar's products be used in a manner opposing their own carefully thought out recommendations. Meguiar's as a company must appeal to, educate, and satisfy a wide variety of end users. Knowing this, they rarely stray from the stern and well thought out recommendations typically listed on their products.

I try to keep all of this in mind while posting here at MOL, and will generally only discuss other products or out of the box procedures when its been brought up by another member, or the information listed as being made by me is inaccurate or not actually made by me.

I am probably Meguiar's BIGGEST fan and ardent supporter, but still only a tiny cog in the machine that makes it all whirl around!
                          Kevin Brown

Comment

At that time, we didn't have the jewels of the polishing world, M105 and M205 to use with the Surbuf.
                            Without the abrasive technology employed if these wonderful liquids, the it simply did not perform as it does today.

In fact, the Surbuf pad WAS and still IS touted by Surbuf as a pad for use with woodworking, for dust collection and hand-staining, and for automotive use as a final polishing and waxing pad. Its original intent was not for compounding duties.

As a final polishing and waxing pad, some guys had success with the pad.
                            However, a majority of the guys that post on detailing forums were not happy with the performance it delivered.
                            Consequently, its popularity faded throughout the detailing forums, as far as I could tell.

Even now, it is not a pad for everybody, and requires patience to learn how to use it as a "cutter".

Since this is a Meguiar's-owned forum, I try not to discuss the Surbuf or other competing products, out of respect for Meguiar's.

This is also why I don't constantly write about the "KBM" here, or recommend that Meguiar's products be used in a manner opposing their own carefully thought out recommendations. Meguiar's as a company must appeal to, educate, and satisfy a wide variety of end users. Knowing this, they rarely stray from the stern and well thought out recommendations typically listed on their products.

I try to keep all of this in mind while posting here at MOL, and will generally only discuss other products or out of the box procedures when its been brought up by another member, or the information listed as being made by me is inaccurate or not actually made by me.

I am probably Meguiar's BIGGEST fan and ardent supporter, but still only a tiny cog in the machine that makes it all whirl around!
                            Totally understandable Kevin. I know you like to think In and Out of the Box and it's always a pleasure to see what kind of progress/results you are experiencing with all kinds of different products. Thanks for sharing and being part of the car care/detailing community

Comment

Totally understandable Kevin. I know you like to think In and Out of the Box and it's always a pleasure to see what kind of progress/results you are experiencing with all kinds of different products. Thanks for sharing and being part of the car care/detailing community
                              Appreciate the comments.
                              Kevin Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');