• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed: Nissan 350z (Black) *56k Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detailed: Nissan 350z (Black) *56k Warning

Originally posted by Precision View Post
    Job well done, the black color looks awesome. Definitely looks better than new.
    Wow great compliment thanks!
    Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

i think you didnt work it in enough..... nissan paint is usually pretty easy to work with.... i have 3 nissans at home..... try to put more pressure into it and go slower.... swirls like that will probably take like 4 or 5 passes.... probably just work on one panel at a time instead of rushing to do the whole car.... try 83.... eventually it'll be swirl free..... eventually....

Comment

If your placing an order, might as well get some 83 and 151. That way if 83 does not cut it go right for the 151.
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86 View Post
          i think you didnt work it in enough..... nissan paint is usually pretty easy to work with.... i have 3 nissans at home..... try to put more pressure into it and go slower.... swirls like that will probably take like 4 or 5 passes.... probably just work on one panel at a time instead of rushing to do the whole car.... try 83.... eventually it'll be swirl free..... eventually....
          I made 2 slow passes and to be honest my back could not take a third pass. I'll pick up some 83 and use my buddies PC next time at a higher RPM. Thanks for all the suggestions.
          Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Sweet 350Z Black on a 350 will never go wrong
            Good job!

Tim
            Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TxRado View Post
              I made 2 slow passes and to be honest my back could not take a third pass. I'll pick up some 83 and use my buddies PC next time at a higher RPM. Thanks for all the suggestions.
              What speed were you working the M80?

Comment

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I just detailed the 350 again with m80 and those cobwebs are still there! I ordered some M83 on Thursday so waiting for that to come in.

So is M83 safe to use on a 8006 pad with the G110 on a black car? Should I go over it with M80 afterwards?
                Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by TxRado View Post
                  Sorry to revive such an old thread but I just detailed the 350 again with m80 and those cobwebs are still there! I ordered some M83 on Thursday so waiting for that to come in.

So is M83 safe to use on a 8006 pad with the G110 on a black car? Should I go over it with M80 afterwards?
                  You will want to follow the #83 with #80 on the polishing pad.

Now, granted all cars are different and there is no way to say that all "black 350zs are the same," but in my personal experience the paint is more on the soft side than the hard side.

That said, you should be able to get the swirls out with the G110 on speed 5 with the #83 and a polishing pad. You will then want to follow that with a polishing pad and #80.

Now, if by some chance you have any minor marring left, you may want to try the #80 on a finishing pad as your final step.

Good luck!

Comment

Very helpful, Thank you.
                    Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Thanks for sharing your results with the forum...

I'm sure you probably read this before starting but if not, be sure to give it a read before using the M83

Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher

Also, Nick Chapman has recently posted he had GREAT luck using M95 with a DA Polisher, while Meguiar's doesn't have an official recommendation for using this product this way, Nick's pretty good at this machine polishing thing so for what that's worth...

M95 Speed Cut Compound - Nick's recent detail job...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

In for update!!!
                        Did ya try M83? How'd it turn out?
                        By the way are you on my350z?

Comment

Hey TxRado,

That looks pretty good for your first attempt! You should be proud of what you have accomplished with it so far! Your paint really needs to be cut with a rotary buffer to get all the deep swirls, and defects out, but as an alternative to high speed,I might try either some Scratch X, or Swirl Remover to try to know everything down a bit better. You can apply by either machine, or by hand, and should get an improvement on the defects that are still somewhat visible. Definitely worth a try!

Take er easy, and I will catch you later!

Candyman

Comment

Originally posted by Boba View Post
                            In for update!!!
                            Did ya try M83? How'd it turn out?
                            By the way are you on my350z?
                            Hey Boba, I have #83 sitting at home and just begging to be used. I live at an apartment so its tough finding friends that will loan me their garages for an entire day. I'll hit it again after the holidays and post up the results.

@Candyman

A buffer is definitely on the wish list but I'm about to lay down $2500 for rims and tires so the buffer will need to wait. I have scratch X but did not like the results after using it on a small area of microscratches. It left an annoying residue that took me 30 minutes of elbow grease to get rid of.
                            Detailing Enthusiast

Comment

Nice job! Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures and tell us how you achieved your end result.

Andy M.
                              Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Nice Job!!
                                Looks Awesome!
                                Great Shots!
                                Joel
                                Firefighter/EMT-B
                                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                                '99 F-150

Comment