• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Meguiar's Paid Off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Meguiar's Paid Off!

I switched over from Zaino to Meguiars product before this year's Pontiac Nationals. I've never won an award from a well attended major show, well, at least until now. 1st from the professional judges. Granted, I had added some other parts of the car, but still, the car had never looked so good, and even my wife commented on how much better my car looked this year, and how much better my red looked than the red of the Zaino users.

Unfortunately, my brand new PC went haywire, and I ran short on time, so I had to shortcut (skipped hand polish). But I washed clayed washed and then used the PC with DACP, NXT. and #16. Used Last Touch to quick detail. Deep and wet! Honest to God, as I was wandering around the other cars, I ran over to my car to get a towel because I thought there was a wet spot on my bumper. Turns out it was just the paint, depth and shine. Amazing. Had my wife fooled too.

Further, the leather looked much better. I did the two-step aloe at home, then had the quick wipes at the show. Very handy, and they worked well.

Only 2 things I need to do. 1)find a better tire treatment. I used the consumer vinyl and rubber cleaner and wasn't satisfied. 2)My backing plate came apart before I was half way done.

edit: I forgot to add Last Touch to my list of products used
    Last edited by ScottS; Aug 12, 2004, 06:34 AM.

Surely Scott, you have to have a couple of pics you can share. We are anxious to see your car.

Congratulations.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

you know, you always expect to see a picture of some nice shiney car in this section. just joking. hope to see your pictures soon.
      Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

Sorry, I should have known better.

I hate reflection pictures because any wax or polish can make a nice reflection in the right light, but oh well, here's mine that I just happened to snap because a golf cart was going by.

This is the picture that amazes me. The paint on the bumper just looks like it's oozing color and that's just how it looked in person.

My engine bay was spiced up this year which helped, but it wasn't my weakest point in the past.

Can you believe the weekend before this car collected about 6 cones in an autocross event? This car has probably hit 60 cones since new. All have been able to be buffed out so far.

And worse, I have Hawk HP+ pads, so the car sees a lot of brake dust. Thank heavens for clay bars!
        Last edited by ScottS; Aug 11, 2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Re: It Paid Off

Originally posted by ScottS
          Only 2 things I need to do. 1)find a better tire treatment. I used the consumer vinyl and rubber cleaner and wasn't satisfied. 2)My backing plate came apart before I was half way done.
          I have a suggestion that you may want to try.

If you are not concerned about longevity and want the best tire look possible try using NXT Tech Protectant. Apply after you get to the show with a foam applicator and buff off excess with a MF after 10-15 minutes. I really like this look and the judges will too.

Call customer service and explain what happened to your backing plate. I'm sure your issue is an exception and Meguiars is good about making it's customers happy.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Re: It Paid Off

Originally posted by ScottS
            I switched over from Zaino to Meguiar's product before this year's Pontiac Nationals. I've never won an award from a well attended major show, well, at least until now.

1st from the professional judges.

Granted, I had added some other parts of the car, but still, the car had never looked so good, and even my wife commented on how much better my car looked this year, and how much better my red looked than the red of the Zaino users.

Congratulations Scott!

Your car's paint is rich in color and has a super high gloss shine!

It lookes as though it's wet!

It's been about a year now since Lab Sample D was introduced, and I've said plenty of times that it would be my first choice for a LSP, (Last Step Product), and that's because of the show car quality results it creates.

Great job Scott and thank you for sharing your victory on our forum for others to enjoy!

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

fantastic,
              "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Indeeed it looks very wet... good looking car. are the backlights custom made?

Comment

Yo Dude, thank you for sharing. The car looks great.
                  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hey Scott,

Great Job!! Your car looks fantastic!!!

And, Congrats on a first place win!!!!

For the tires, I would suggest using Meguiar's #40 Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner. It will leave a beautiful satin finish!!

As for the backing plate, as another poster mentioned, give Meguiar's a call. I am sure they will look after you!!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

awsome car! I really liked the detail to the engine bay, that looks great!
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

The more I look at it, The more I like it....
                        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Firebird takes first with NXT!

NXT is the perfect sealant for the F-body. I am happy to see more and more F-body owners using NXT instead of Zaino.
                          Looks great BTW!

That's a Formula with the WS6 Ram Air Performance Package. Those are very rare. When I bought my '01 I wanted a Formula WS6 but they were no longer available so I bought the TA.

Have you tried Hot Shine for Tires yet? It's my favorite tire dressing. If you want a more subtle shine the #40 would be a good choice.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');