• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made NXT Believer out of Porsche Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made NXT Believer out of Porsche Owner

Detailed a '98 911 Porsche today. The owner had terrible washing and waxing habits...tons of swirls on this black vehicle.

This was a "quickie" detail to show what proper products and methods can accomplish...needless to say, he went and purchased the NXT line after I finished.

Here's a before shot. It was impossible to capture the entire 911 but the whole car was swirled like the sample.
    Attached Files
    Card carrying Wax-aholic

After DACP + NXT

Used DACP with an 8006, followed by a single coat of NXT with a 9006.

By the way, I tried posting to the Gallery, but the board will not take the upload. I even used the tutorial posted. It appears the gallery is receiving the upload but doesn't confirm or show. Any help is appreciated.

Here is an after shot. BTW..start to finish (Wash, DACP, NXT) was only a couple of hours with 2 of us going at it.
    Attached Files
    Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

One Satisfied Porsche Owner

This guy literally ran to get the complete NXT product line.
      Attached Files
      Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Looks great! Hard to beat black and NXT look!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nice job!! Will he be a returning customer??

Comment

Hey Great job!!

As to uploading pictures, we are aware of the problem and will have it fixed as soon as possible. Sorry about that!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

2hotford: Thanks for the info on uploading glitches. Whew, for a second, I thought I'd forgotten my 'puter knowledge.

scrub: he'll be a returning customer, for sure. The other thing is he is in the Porsche Club here in KC and goes to lots of their functions.

I learned a lot about using a pc with the 911 series cars...lots of fender curves, very thin areas at the top portion of the window/door frames (no pc there, that's for sure), taping the badges, etc. Pretty complex car to do "right".
              Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Looks like the uploading is working

Here is a link to the pics I've posted about this car.

Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');